Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Bath time

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:21 PM
  • 10 Replies
My 6 month old dd is starting to dislike bath time. She has ALWAYS liked bathes, even as a newborn. She never cried then either. The last few days shes been ik as long as big sister is in the tub with her, but today was horrible. And before somebody askes if the water was to hot, it wasnt. The water temp is akways luke warm. It scares me to have the water warmer then that with a baby. What could be causing this? Could it be a phase?
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:12 PM

It could just be a phase. Could you sponge bathe her for a little while, or just do sibling baths? She'll probably outgrow whatever fear she's going through within a few weeks.

abra
by Abra on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:00 PM
I agree. :-) Just keep trying.

Quoting Turtledoves:

It could just be a phase. Could you sponge bathe her for a little while, or just do sibling baths? She'll probably outgrow whatever fear she's going through within a few weeks.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:48 PM

It's mostly likely a phase. Maybe have her pick some toys out?

AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:29 PM
Could she be cold? My daughter was having that issue. So I would run the water to make the bathroom steamy after her little tub was full and keep the door shut the entire time she was in there.

I have a little thermometer to make sure her water is at the right temp. I know some moms think they are a waste of money. But I love it.
angelchewning
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:56 AM

water should be a tad warmer than luke warm. around 95 farenheit. i like the toy idea. sometimes it helps to make bathtime a game.

Edenpeden
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM

My baby only bathes with his sibling, or else he's pissed. He also likes it warmer than lukewarm. 

gunnersmommy30
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:45 AM
My 6months old son loves his bath as long as I am smiling and talking to him.
myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 1:33 PM
She might be cold. Babies are like us, they have different preferences. My son likes his baths very warm, same as I do. At one point he would scream every time unless I had it warmer than what the baby tub showed it should be. Could be a phase, but experiment with the water temp and see if it helps.
expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 27, 2014 at 1:34 PM
My oldest all of a sudden began to hate baths for a little while. I think it's a phase. I just climbed into the tub with him a couple times and then he was fine with it again.
mommyhonu
by Mary on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:24 PM

agreed!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

It's mostly likely a phase. Maybe have her pick some toys out?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)