Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Were you or any of your children named after a family member or close friend?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:39 PM
  • 53 Replies

And if yes, which family member?

Mom to 3 boys, married for 18+ yrs ...... Live, Laugh & Lots n Lots of Aloha!!!
mommyhonu :0)
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:41 PM

I was named after my dad's grandmother (my grandma's mom). I was suppose to have her full name but my dad messed that up.

Twix.Leigh
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Our oldest son was inadvertantly named after my sister, but since Anastasia is kind of silly for a boy, I chose Dimitri as one of his middle names. (For those who don't know or remember, Dimitri is the boy who saved Anastasia and her nana, and reunited them) Our middle child is named after my father, and SO's papa, his middle names are Lloyd Gary. We don't know what this baby is, so we don't know what name will yet be used, but if it's a girl, she'll be named after my foster mom, and his mom. Just not sure how yet Lol.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:47 PM

My son was named after DH, but our other children and I were not named after anyone.

misstaylor85
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I was named after my grandma, and my sister was named after our other grandma. My 5yr old son was named after his dad and my youngest was named after my husbands grandpa that passed away.

staci1103
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:49 PM

My middle name is after my aunt whom I hate. Both of my ds have each one of a grandparents name for their middle names. My youngest ds has the same middle name as his dad

mommyhonu
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:56 PM

my oldest son was named after the small town that my paternal grandma raised her children in. Cuz Edna for a boy's name wasn't going to work.

Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:59 PM
My dad loved the name Jennifer, it was my parents pastors daughters name and she was so sweet (at church, my mom baby sat her she was a brat). Marie is the French form of Mary and Mary has been a family name since the 1600's. My mom's middle name is Mary.
Hayden's middle name Wesley is my great grandfather's middle name. It was the only good family name I could find.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:00 PM

my youngest was named after my Auntie-Mom & Uncle-Dad who raised me, and his middle name is a squished together version of mil & fil's names together.

jeniemarie
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:04 PM
my father choose jennifer, my middle name marie is after my moms best friend. DSs first name is BIL middle name, and his middle name is my grandfathers first name
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyhonu
by Mary on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:08 PM

Mary is a good name to have. :0)

Quoting Jenn8604: My dad loved the name Jennifer, it was my parents pastors daughters name and she was so sweet (at church, my mom baby sat her she was a brat). Marie is the French form of Mary and Mary has been a family name since the 1600's. My mom's middle name is Mary. Hayden's middle name Wesley is my great grandfather's middle name. It was the only good family name I could find.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)