Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your babies swaddlers? Do u use the swaddling blankets

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:56 PM
  • 16 Replies
Well my 6month old still wakes up every couple hrs a night, but not for a bottle. He just screams and cries,. I give him 10mins to half hr and he doesnt stop until i go in and give him his pacifire back, and this goes on every 2hrs or less.
So tonight i tried swaddling him with his blanket, put his paci in his mouth and covered him with another blanket over him leaving his hands free. He instantly fell asleep. He has whined but not enough to make me go in yet. If this continues all through the night, i am getting swaddling blankets and will feel like an idiot for not trying this sooner.
If u use the swaddling blankets do u like them?
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:58 PM
All 3 of my boys hated it
HLmom89
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:02 PM
My 2 older boys hated it matter of fact my oldest would scream like we were killing him. My middle son would wiggle his way out.
But baby likes to cuddle and be wrapped up as long as its not ob his head or arms and not to tight.

Quoting DACIA79: All 3 of my boys hated it
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:03 PM

I always just used receiving blankets. They worked fine and are cheaper.

AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:50 AM

My daughter is 10 months old and still swaddled. When she was smaller she would sometimes wake her self up when she got out, I would re swaddle her and she would be out instantly. Now she gets out pretty quick to get out and rolls on her side or tummy. But she won't go to sleep with out it. 

She always hated the swaddle blankets. My grandma made her some 42x42 receiving blankets and they are perfect.

stacy2607
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:19 AM

Mobile Photo

Yes, Ariana loves to be swaddled. I use receiving blankets and the swaddling blanket..
Here she is last night swaddled in a receiving blanket laying in my bed chillin with me..lol .shes 18 days old today.
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:21 AM
My third baby is the only one that liked swaddling past the few days of life. He still gets swaddled at two months old. We use regular baby blankets and baby towels. The towels have the hood and are lightweight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillsMOM72
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM
My son hates it.
mommyhonu
by Mary on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:28 PM

all of my boys hated being swaddled with a passion! They loved having their arms and legs free.

babie113
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:30 PM
first baby hated it .second is not here yet
oliveoil423
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:32 PM
My daughter loves being swaddle when she was at that age.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)