Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby won't sleep without bottle & won't take paci

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:43 AM
  • 6 Replies

The last week or so my almost 4-month-old has not wanted to sleep at night without a bottle in his mouth. He wakes up every 1-2 hours when he notices the bottle is gone. He will not keep a paci in his mouth. The only way a paci works is if you actually hold it in his mouth. This is completely new for him. He was sleeping a 6-hour stretch, waking up for a quick bottle, and going back to sleep for 4 hours.

Any suggestions? I am at a loss.

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:16 PM
He is at the 4 month sleep regression. Just keep on keeping on mama;-) I suggest not putting him down with a bottle, feed him THEN lay him down. Break the habit before it becomes a real problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_bio_writer
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Hmm, I never heard of that! I thought it was a growth spurt but then it never ended like the other growth spurts did.

Thank you. :)

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: He is at the 4 month sleep regression. Just keep on keeping on mama;-) I suggest not putting him down with a bottle, feed him THEN lay him down. Break the habit before it becomes a real problem.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Feb. 27, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Maybe teething and the bottle feels good? You definitely want to try not to allow him to sleep with the bottle in his mouth. It's not good for his gums/ teeth and also not good for the ears. I would try some Tylenol or baby orajel and see if that helps.
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
4 month sleep
Regression. None of my kids were even sleeping 6 hours at 4 months. You're lucky!
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

4 month sleep regression, it stinks but it will pass quickly!

mom_bio_writer
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:41 PM

You're right about it not being food for the teeth and ears! And it's possible it's teething, he keeps grabbing at his mouth too.

Quoting expectantmom81: Maybe teething and the bottle feels good? You definitely want to try not to allow him to sleep with the bottle in his mouth. It's not good for his gums/ teeth and also not good for the ears. I would try some Tylenol or baby orajel and see if that helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)