Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

wic

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:53 PM
  • 83 Replies
5 moms liked this
I am seeing formula convos and struggling to afford it. Wic is a program designed to help! It is not just for formula. They provide bread, milk, eggs, cheese, juice, and fresh fruits n veggies. For toddlers fruits n veggies n jar baby food. For nursing moms bread, milk, fruits, veggies, and tuna! If you are struggling to afford to feed your child please please please call your local hralth department and ask about this program.
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seaturtle1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

We had to use this program when my husband lost his job.  It was nice because at the time we were doing goats milk for my son and they offered that.  We did not need it for long but it was nice that we had that during a rough time.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm good. We don't want to rely on the govt to feed our children. I breastfeed to avoid formula
Costs.
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:32 PM
I use wic for my son he is 2 yr old and will till he is 5 yr old since he was born with cleft lip
TLIF1281
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome that you are breastfeeding! I breastfeed to but not to avoid government assistance as we don't abuse the programs. I breastfeed because it is the best nutrition for my daughter. I have been very greatful the government has these programs. Exspecially when my ex husband left me up a creek without a paddle or a boat in the middle of a thunderstorm if u kwim.

Quoting Mom2Just1: I'm good. We don't want to rely on the govt to feed our children. I breastfeed to avoid formula
Costs.
TLIF1281
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Oh did he get it operated on or do they have to wait for a certain age like they do on most things? Sorry if I sound dumb. I have just never had the privilage of gaining the knowledge. I hope I said that in a way not to upset you. I just know how others can be and things get missunderstood.

Quoting auntangelofsix: I use wic for my son he is 2 yr old and will till he is 5 yr old since he was born with cleft lip
TLIF1281
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:35 AM
Downside is you have to get all the milk at once and we never have the room! Lol!

Quoting seaturtle1:

We had to use this program when my husband lost his job.  It was nice because at the time we were doing goats milk for my son and they offered that.  We did not need it for long but it was nice that we had that during a rough time.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 4:09 AM
One reason why I have a college degree and a
Career to return to if Something happen.

Quoting TLIF1281: Awesome that you are breastfeeding! I breastfeed to but not to avoid government assistance as we don't abuse the programs. I breastfeed because it is the best nutrition for my daughter. I have been very greatful the government has these programs. Exspecially when my ex husband left me up a creek without a paddle or a boat in the middle of a thunderstorm if u kwim.

Quoting Mom2Just1: I'm good. We don't want to rely on the govt to feed our children. I breastfeed to avoid formula
Costs.
littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 4:15 AM
You. can.ask to have it on separate checks. Or the homeless package. That just allows you to use what you need at that time.

We use wic too, & I bf. Needed it for my.pump & the ibcl. Our wic is amazing

Quoting TLIF1281: Downside is you have to get all the milk at once and we never have the room! Lol!

Quoting seaturtle1:

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 4:16 AM
4 moms liked this
Dh & I both have multiple degrees & we still were left with no.paddles when we both lost jobs at the same time. Sometimes crap happens.

Quoting Mom2Just1: One reason why I have a college degree and a
Career to return to if Something happen.

Quoting TLIF1281: Awesome that you are breastfeeding! I breastfeed to but not to avoid government assistance as we don't abuse the programs. I breastfeed because it is the best nutrition for my daughter. I have been very greatful the government has these programs. Exspecially when my ex husband left me up a creek without a paddle or a boat in the middle of a thunderstorm if u kwim.

Costs.
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:25 PM
He was 4 month old when he had his 1st surg and he might have to more about 5 yr old and we go to the cleft clin one time a year for the rest of his life.

Quoting TLIF1281: Oh did he get it operated on or do they have to wait for a certain age like they do on most things? Sorry if I sound dumb. I have just never had the privilage of gaining the knowledge. I hope I said that in a way not to upset you. I just know how others can be and things get missunderstood.

Quoting auntangelofsix: I use wic for my son he is 2 yr old and will till he is 5 yr old since he was born with cleft lip
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)