Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
I am seeing formula convos and struggling to afford it. Wic is a program designed to help! It is not just for formula. They provide bread, milk, eggs, cheese, juice, and fresh fruits n veggies. For toddlers fruits n veggies n jar baby food. For nursing moms bread, milk, fruits, veggies, and tuna! If you are struggling to afford to feed your child please please please call your local hralth department and ask about this program.
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Replies (81-83):
AviannasMama
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:45 AM
I get wic and they do it separate checks and everyone that talks about it on here says they get separate checks. That really doesn't make sense. At all. Lol who has room for 4 gallons of milk in their fridge?

Quoting ABCMomma0211: No they dont.

You get four half gallons each check.

And if you want the milk you have ti get all of it.

I get two full gallons each time. And then we make strawberry/chocolate milk si the milk doesnt go to waste

Quoting AviannasMama: WIC does separate checks. It's usually about 1 gallon of milk per toddler or postpartum woman, so you get 4 checks...1 gallon on each check.

Milk usually expires in about 2 weeks so that wouldn't make sense to give it to you all at once for the whole month.

Quoting TLIF1281: Downside is you have to get all the milk at once and we never have the room! Lol!

Quoting seaturtle1:

We had to use this program when my husband lost his job.  It was nice because at the time we were doing goats milk for my son and they offered that.  We did not need it for long but it was nice that we had that during a rough time.

GertieMay
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:47 AM
I'm all for wic. I used it when my oldest was a baby. BUT I was almost denied bc I made almost the minimum allowed for a two week paycheck.
ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I know they seperate the checks......

Its either four half gallons of milk, if you dont have room for that then theres an issue....or you can buy two full gallons if milk. And if you dont hve room for two gallons of milk thats an issue as well.

Quoting AviannasMama: I get wic and they do it separate checks and everyone that talks about it on here says they get separate checks. That really doesn't make sense. At all. Lol who has room for 4 gallons of milk in their fridge?

Quoting ABCMomma0211: No they dont.

You get four half gallons each check.

And if you want the milk you have ti get all of it.

I get two full gallons each time. And then we make strawberry/chocolate milk si the milk doesnt go to waste

Quoting AviannasMama: WIC does separate checks. It's usually about 1 gallon of milk per toddler or postpartum woman, so you get 4 checks...1 gallon on each check.

Milk usually expires in about 2 weeks so that wouldn't make sense to give it to you all at once for the whole month.

Quoting TLIF1281: Downside is you have to get all the milk at once and we never have the room! Lol!

Quoting seaturtle1:

We had to use this program when my husband lost his job.  It was nice because at the time we were doing goats milk for my son and they offered that.  We did not need it for long but it was nice that we had that during a rough time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)