Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Do you know any mom's like this?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM
  • 103 Replies

I just want to state this post is NOT about me and I'm not complaining about this person. I'm just curious how many mom's actually DO this.

Do you know any mom's who have their parents or in-laws keep their child(ren) for a whole weekend multiple times a month? For example, in the last 4 weeks, they have only had their child for one weekend day.

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:15 PM

Yes, I know some women like that at my kids school.

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Yes. Sad. These certain people
Have no problem with their newborns going away for the weekends. I'm weird though because my 15 month old has never spent a night away from me.
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Mar. 2, 2014 at 6:13 PM
I do know a mom like this.
JackAttacks
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:58 PM
I don't know any parents like that. Thankfully, cuz that would really grind my gears. I have never spent the night away from ds 8mo and never plan to lol. I won't even go to the grocery store without him lol. I just love his stinky little self so freaking much it hurts!
MMerrill
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:20 PM

I try not to associate with people like that, it would infuriate me!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:33 PM
I know several. The ones with an infant do every other weekend, I believe. My best friend's daughter is 5 and spent the night with her grandparents every weekend before she started school. I don't think it's that weird. I wish my in laws wanted to spend that much time with my son.
angela.bouchard
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM
I don't. My son spent about 4-5 hours with his grandma this Sunday and last but that's it lol
jenbah81
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:11 AM
Yep I know some parents like that.
EverleighsMommy
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:25 AM
Yes and it makes me MAD
RalphsMommy123
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 6:21 AM
YES!! And then they post pics of themselves partying there asses off. I always wonder how a mother can do that every weekend. My son is 13 months and the longest I've been away from him was 12 hours. I don't even know if I could go a weekend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN