Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Do you know any mom's like this?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just want to state this post is NOT about me and I'm not complaining about this person. I'm just curious how many mom's actually DO this.

Do you know any mom's who have their parents or in-laws keep their child(ren) for a whole weekend multiple times a month? For example, in the last 4 weeks, they have only had their child for one weekend day.

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Replies (101-103):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 6, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!!!!!!

Quoting Corkie-: YES lol 3s are worse than 2s....only they talk more lol. I always wanted to stay in a cabin, but movies have ruined that for me lol
Quoting la_bella_vita:

My in-laws have a cabin and in the summer, they love to take the kid's up with them, it's on a campground type thing with a pool and giant playgroup so the kid's love it! It's not far from our house so we can drive up and eat dinner with them and then let them spend the night, they love it!

My kid's get spoiled too! And alone time is always nice : )

Quoting Corkie-: Smh, sad. And they do, lol they get so spoiled. They know they are going to chucky cheese or going somewhere. Which I don't mind. It gives me some alone time with the LO and DF.
Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting Corkie-: My twins stay with their grandparents every other weekend. They want them every weekend but I won't let them. They are 3 by the way. Now my youngest is 3 months, and I won't leave him over night. The longest I've been away from him was 3 hours and that was due to my surgery.

I bet they love going. The child that inspired this post, doesn't want to go and is now starting to freak out when mommy picks her up, she prefers grandmother now over anyone and is starting to act up like when mommy shows up to get her she will throw a sippy cup at her.

I know a lot of older kid's spend time with grandparents. My MIL's best friend ALWAYS wants her grandchildren but she never takes the nursing babies.

*Proud mommy of 4 amazing children and happily married to my high school sweetheart*

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:25 AM
I do. Makes me sad.
LCJan21
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:09 PM
My mom used to watch my son over night at least once a weekend, but unless I was going out of town (and couldn't take him with), I'd never leave him all weekend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN