Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

(PIOG) Moms of twins

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:22 AM
  • 11 Replies
I had an ultrasound Thursday and both babies are in the birthing position. The ultrasound tech said my cervix looked closed but I'm worried. DD wasn't in the birthing position until 37 weeks. She came 2 weeks later. Plus the twins are getting really really active. Should I be worried?
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:26 AM
How many weeks are you? And just being in position....doesn't mean much. I wouldn't worry.
GertieMay
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:39 AM
I wouldn't worry. My boys were flipping until the day they were born at 39 weeks!
briellesmomma
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:55 AM
27 weeks.

Quoting IrishIz: How many weeks are you? And just being in position....doesn't mean much. I wouldn't worry.
JunkYdMom
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:05 PM
My baby a was head down really early. Baby b was head down around 32 weeks. I wouldn't worry
Chandra314
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Mine moved into the birth position at 26 weeks...and stayed that way until 34 weeks (fortunately, they made it to 37 weeks--and Baby A moved back head-down) when they decided heads-up was the way to go :/
Also, and I don't know if this is the actual truth, but my OB said that twins only "feel" more active because, well, you've basically got a two-headed octopus in there (and they have someone else to interact with, ie: Hey! You kicked me--what was THAT! Kick back/move away from the unpleasantness that is being kicked and hit constantly ;)
briellesmomma
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Lol. That's my girls lol. Kicking and hitting constantly. You would think they were in the same sac!

Quoting Chandra314: Mine moved into the birth position at 26 weeks...and stayed that way until 34 weeks (fortunately, they made it to 37 weeks--and Baby A moved back head-down) when they decided heads-up was the way to go :/
Also, and I don't know if this is the actual truth, but my OB said that twins only "feel" more active because, well, you've basically got a two-headed octopus in there (and they have someone else to interact with, ie: Hey! You kicked me--what was THAT! Kick back/move away from the unpleasantness that is being kicked and hit constantly ;)
mcguirebaby
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 2:20 PM

My girls were both head down at about 25 weeks. Then, baby B flipped until about 34 weeks. They were both head down when they were born at 35 weeks and 5 days.

dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Mine were both head down from about 26 weeks and stayed that way until I had them at 36 weeks. I didn't start to dilated until I was around 34 weeks and I only got to 1 cm.
ambrossious2000
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I wouldn't worry too much. My twins made a perfect T shape. My daughter was breached, doc had to reach up their and take her out I begged her to take her by c sec. she did not stupid woman. I wouldn't worry twins have a mind of their own.

SerenityBerry
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Remember every pregnancy is different and a twin one is a lot different than a single, so try to relax, they may re-position themselves a few more times then come back to the birthing position or they may be getting cozy just hanging out until its time (mine were in position for a month and a half before they came which was at 37 weeks 6 days. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN