Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

5 yr old

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:04 AM
  • 8 Replies
Sorry, I know she's not a baby but wanted your opinion..... Is she too young for an American Girl doll? It says age 8 for them???
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
theosgirl45
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I think that varies from child to child.  I wouldn't buy my 6 year old one but she still likes to take her dolls apart and tries to color on them if you give her a chance.  I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a doll for her to ruin.  If your DD appreciates her dolls more than it might be worth it to her.  

abra
by Abra on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:09 AM
It is probably fine if you don't mind the doll getting well used.
mamatink7
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM

what about the itsy bitsy baby from american girl dolls? its a great beginning plus still have accessories, clothes and books that are all appropriete for 5 yr old. itll show her how to begin caring for a real doll plus they last forever also (if those dolls ever get drawn on or ripped, you can get repaired from their store)

our youngest 2 girls have had them for years, if next kiddos are girls i definately want them to have them too

EverleighsMommy
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:35 PM
My friend's DD got one when she turned 6 and there's been no problems so I would say it's fine. But I guess it depends on the child.
jenbah81
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:35 PM
My DD asked for only $$ and American Dolls gift cards for her 5th bday a couple of years ago. She saved up almost $300 and went on a shopping spree there. She loves her doll. It was what she really wanted so she made it happen.
Nburghgal
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 10:27 AM
She's got the ittsy bitsy baby already.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:42 PM

They don't have any really small parts usually, and five year olds usually know well enough by then. I was planning on giving one to my daughter for her 4th birthday. So no, I don't think 5 is too young.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 9, 2014 at 9:17 PM

I got DD when she was 5 and taught her to take good care of it and she has. No regrets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)