Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I have two questions about my eight month old

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:40 AM
  • 45 Replies

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm going to try. I am concerned about my eight month old for two reasons, both of which I have expressed to his doctor but she wasn't concerned. I need some insight from other moms and hopefully I'll feel more comfortable with the doctor's opinion. The first thing is that my son has yet to sit for a long period of time by himself. I can sit him down and he'll stay there for a couple of minutes, but only to topple over and he's very unsteady. I'm conerned because he's crawling and pulling up and standing, but just not sitting all that much. It doesn't make any sense to me. The second thing conerning me is that he still wakes up a lot during the night. 4 or 5 times.. But not for a feed. He kicks his legs like he has gas or an upset stomach and cries and i have to readjust him in order for him to fall back asleep. It is not only concerning for me but also a little frusterating as I'm a stay at home mom and I'm always with him so I would like to be fully rested instead of feeling like a zombie throughout the day. Thank you in advance!

by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:43 AM
I have no advice about the sitting up.

But most kids dont sleep fully til at least a year.

And dont wanna be mean, but if you wanted to sleep and liked sleep, you shouldnt have had children.
LeslieGahn
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ABCMomma0211: I have no advice about the sitting up. But most kids dont sleep fully til at least a year. And dont wanna be mean, but if you wanted to sleep and liked sleep, you shouldnt have had children.

If you have no advice please do not comment. Thank you. 

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:00 AM
I did give advice......

Thank you.

And since you are new let give you a run down.

You post, people are allowed to respond. I dont pay to use this site. So i can post to ehatever thread i would like to.

It doesnt have to be what you like/want to hear.

But thats my advice. If you didnt want to feel like a zombie then you shouldnt have had kids.

Quoting LeslieGahn:

Quoting ABCMomma0211: I have no advice about the sitting up.

But most kids dont sleep fully til at least a year.

And dont wanna be mean, but if you wanted to sleep and liked sleep, you shouldnt have had children.

Madelyn94
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:00 AM
My daughter is 6 months idk about the sitting yet but she doesn't sleep through the night. But if your doctor isn't concerned I wouldn't worry about it.
awesomemommy2
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Could he have gas. How many new foods are you exposing him to per day? He Could have a food intolerance. Also I found with my kids (I have three) that around 9 months their sleep changed. How much does he nap during the day. Also teething plays a large part in sleep.

My kids were all different and there are so many variables.
LeslieGahn
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Quoting ABCMomma0211: I did give advice...... Thank you. And since you are new let give you a run down. You post, people are allowed to respond. I dont pay to use this site. So i can post to ehatever thread i would like to. It doesnt have to be what you like/want to hear. But thats my advice. If you didnt want to feel like a zombie then you shouldnt have had kids.
Quoting LeslieGahn:

Quoting ABCMomma0211: I have no advice about the sitting up. But most kids dont sleep fully til at least a year. And dont wanna be mean, but if you wanted to sleep and liked sleep, you shouldnt have had children.

I don't see how that is advice at all. Because I DO have a child there's no going back and not having one. And I wouldn't even if I had the chance. I'm just looking for answers, not drama. Thanks.

LeslieGahn
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Quoting awesomemommy2: Could he have gas. How many new foods are you exposing him to per day? He Could have a food intolerance. Also I found with my kids (I have three) that around 9 months their sleep changed. How much does he nap during the day. Also teething plays a large part in sleep. My kids were all different and there are so many variables.

Yeah i'm thinking its gas but its every single night. He's currently got two teeth and I think a third is coming through. He naps for 1-2 hours in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon. I only feed him once a day, sometimes twice if he's up for it. But it seems to constipate him when I feed him anymore more solids than that. Also, I forgot to mention he's breastfed.

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Well right there is the damn problem!!!!

He needs ti be fed more then twice a day!!!!!!

And try giving him gas drops if he has gas!

And if constipated give an ounce if apple juice

He should still be gettig at least three bottles of formula or be getting breastmilk.

Smh

Quoting LeslieGahn:

Quoting awesomemommy2: Could he have gas. How many new foods are you exposing him to per day? He Could have a food intolerance. Also I found with my kids (I have three) that around 9 months their sleep changed. How much does he nap during the day. Also teething plays a large part in sleep.

Yeah i'm thinking its gas but its every single night. He's currently got two teeth and I think a third is coming through. He naps for 1-2 hours in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon. I only feed him once a day, sometimes twice if he's up for it. But it seems to constipate him when I feed him anymore more solids than that. Also, I forgot to mention he's breastfed.

awesomemommy2
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Is he nursing long enough? Are you switching sides before he gets the hind milk? What are you feeding him.

My kids never ate cereal at that age (or really ever). Mostly veggies and fruits and a little at each "mealtime". All three of mine were breastfed. Oldest for 15 months, middle just after 2 and baby around 18 months.

Also have you changed anything in your diet. Do you (and baby) take probiotics?

Quoting LeslieGahn:

Quoting awesomemommy2: Could he have gas. How many new foods are you exposing him to per day? He Could have a food intolerance. Also I found with my kids (I have three) that around 9 months their sleep changed. How much does he nap during the day. Also teething plays a large part in sleep.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 10:12 AM
I have an 8 month old and great advice but man you have a stick up your ass. Good luck with that. Try your bitch tactics on your doctor... maybe she'll answer you.

You created your own drama.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN