Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Update-How long do I have to start breastfeeding?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 1:47 PM
  • 39 Replies

Update- So, I'm trying to establish a good latch, we're working on it! I waited a couple of days to start bc I had taken Norco after my c section for pain, so I wanted to stop that, get it out of my system. So we're working on latching and I'm hoping it's right. I've been watching a ton of you tube videos on it. All of your suggestions have been super helpful!!!

So, I had a baby on 2/28. I started formula feeding but my breasts are still leaking, especially when I hold my son. I sort of feel this beautiful pull to bf my baby. It sounds stupid I guess but it's almost like he's willing me to. I have a 6 year old daughter and my milk was gone pretty quickly after I had her. But not this time. So, my question is, could I still start? How SHOULD I start if so?
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carsonsmommytam
by Tammara on Mar. 11, 2014 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this
You absolutely can!! Put baby to breast. If baby will latch, put baby to breast as much as possible and then offer a supplement after the nursing session until supply is good enough. Baby will bring the milk back. Kellymom.com has great advice.
PeachySweet2007
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 2:00 PM
I'll check out kellymom.com, bc I need info on a proper latch as well. Thanks!!

Quoting carsonsmommytam: You absolutely can!! Put baby to breast. If baby will latch, put baby to breast as much as possible and then offer a supplement after the nursing session until supply is good enough. Baby will bring the milk back. Kellymom.com has great advice.
carsonsmommytam
by Tammara on Mar. 11, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
No problem. The breastfeeding moms group on here are very helpful!!

Quoting PeachySweet2007: I'll check out kellymom.com, bc I need info on a proper latch as well. Thanks!!

Quoting carsonsmommytam: You absolutely can!! Put baby to breast. If baby will latch, put baby to breast as much as possible and then offer a supplement after the nursing session until supply is good enough. Baby will bring the milk back. Kellymom.com has great advice.
abra
by Abra on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Yep! I agree.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM

This :)

What you're experiencing is one of the most basic maternal instincts. Congrats on your new baby, and good luck!

victoriaherring
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 3:58 PM
You can do it! Good luck!
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:09 PM
I would just go for it. You can find good videos online about proper latch. It may take a bit of time to get the hang of it but with patience it will:-) Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeachySweet2007
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Thanks ladies! I've been reading about it all day. :)
Stevensmomma
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Yes do it right away !!

CS46713
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM
You can do it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)