Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 hr flight with a 1 1/2 yr old?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:18 AM
  • 7 Replies
So, I live in Hawaii and I'm taking my son on a vacation to California. I'm so excited for all but one part... The flight(s). :/

Do you ladies have any advice for traveling alone on long flights with toddlers? What should I make sure to bring?!
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
carsonsmommytam
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:06 AM
I would say favorite snacks, favorite toys for when hes strapped into his carseat to keep his mind off of it. Something to drink during takeoff and landing to pop his ears.
la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:24 AM

I've never been on a plane with a toddler so here is a bump!

TianaH808
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Ugh, unfortuately he wont have his own seat!! I'm hoping and praying the flight is empty so I dont have to fight to keep him on my lap! fingers crossed

Quoting carsonsmommytam: I would say favorite snacks, favorite toys for when hes strapped into his carseat to keep his mind off of it. Something to drink during takeoff and landing to pop his ears.

staci1103
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Oh lord I traveled only a 2 1/2 hr flight with my 18 month old and it was horrific.  He was a lap child so no car seat and he wouldn't sit still for 2 seconds unless I was nursing him.  Which made for a very long flight and sore nipples.  Not to mention my ds was a huge kicker when he nursed so I spent the entire flight apologizing to the poor man sitting next to me for my ds feet constantly kicking his book out of his hands.  Never ever again

carsonsmommytam
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM
I see. I definately would have purchased a seat for him. Theres no way someone could hang on to a baby in bad turbulence or worse. But thats just me.

Quoting TianaH808:

Ugh, unfortuately he wont have his own seat!! I'm hoping and praying the flight is empty so I dont have to fight to keep him on my lap! fingers crossed

Quoting carsonsmommytam: I would say favorite snacks, favorite toys for when hes strapped into his carseat to keep his mind off of it. Something to drink during takeoff and landing to pop his ears.

TianaH808
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Thank's for your opinion...

Quoting carsonsmommytam: I see. I definately would have purchased a seat for him. Theres no way someone could hang on to a baby in bad turbulence or worse. But thats just me.
Quoting TianaH808:

carsonsmommytam
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:26 PM
They're always free ;)

Quoting TianaH808:

Thank's for your opinion...

Quoting carsonsmommytam: I see. I definately would have purchased a seat for him. Theres no way someone could hang on to a baby in bad turbulence or worse. But thats just me.

Quoting TianaH808:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)