Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

3 month old not sleeping well.

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM
  • 22 Replies
my son is 3 months old son does Not have a pacifier. I will breastfeed him and he will fall asleep at night but then will wake up as soon as I try to put him in his bassinet instantly! he will fall asleep in my arms right after I pick him up but will not go down in his bassinet. ive tried the "cry it out method" I dont really prefer that it makes me feel horrible.Since he doesnt have a pacifier he uses my boobs as comfort so he is waking me up every 2 hrs. He wont take a bottle at all he will just scream.Can anyone give me advice on things they have tried and have been successful with. Any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you so much.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Merrick17
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM
My baby is the same and I bed share with her because of it. She and I both get sleep that way. Is that an option for you? She's about 5 1/2 months now and I've been doing it since she was 2 1/2 when I had to go back to work. They just like to be close, and now that I've gotten used to it and made it safe, I love it too.
s_roachy
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:33 AM

My DD did this, too. Your baby just doesn't know how to fall asleep on his own, but he is too young to cry it out. Would you be open to co-sleeping for now? DD slept really well next to me (until she was about 4 months, anyway). We used her covertable crib as a co-sleeper by taking off the front and sliding it between my side of the bed and the wall. You could roll over to him and breastfeed when needed, and he may not even wake as much as he might just be comforted by you being next to him. He would get used to sleeping in his crib, and when you are ready for him to sleep on his own you could put the rail back on his crib, then move your bed away, then move the crib to his room, all very gradually. Cry it out may be easier when he is older. We did it at 5 months and she started sleeping much better (not great, but better). 

Babygurl2409
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:34 AM
I actually have been doin co sleeping and I love it too but I have been waking up with neck cramps and leg cramps because he doesnt let me turn away from him. even when hes sleeping he will wake up and cry until I turn back towards him
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:36 AM

In my experience each baby has things that calm them down. My oldest liked classical music while I was rocking her. My youngest liked to listen to music. I had to push my son in a stroller to get him to relax and go to sleep. White noise machines are helpful to some babies. You just have to roll with it, when babies are that age they sleep when they want, lol

Babygurl2409
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:40 AM
I dont mind co sleeping at all but would really love to get him to sleep a little in his bassinet to at night.
carsonsmommytam
by Tammara on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Have you tried a side carred crib? You can nurse baby in the crib and then scoot yourself away once baby is asleep without moving baby. Every 2hr is normal for a BF baby to wake so indolent have much advice on that. Baby will sleep longerbwhen biologically ready.
Babygurl2409
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:06 PM

yeah this bassinet has the fold down sides but i cant get him in there long enough to do anything,my gf said that her 3 1/2 month old sleeps from 10 to 12 hours at night. I dont want that long cause i feel that is way to long for a new born to go without eating but defiantly would like some cuddle time with the hubby ;)

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:12 PM

At that age it sounds perfectly normal.

I would bed-share for now.   

JasmineA2
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:13 PM
White noise, play white noise sounds. Picking himnup too much can becone a routine for him and how he falls aleep. Try singing to him or pkay baby lullabies or white noise. My daughter sleeps to ocean noises or a vacuum

Quoting Babygurl2409: my son is 3 months old son does Not have a pacifier. I will breastfeed him and he will fall asleep at night but then will wake up as soon as I try to put him in his bassinet instantly! he will fall asleep in my arms right after I pick him up but will not go down in his bassinet. ive tried the "cry it out method" I dont really prefer that it makes me feel horrible.Since he doesnt have a pacifier he uses my boobs as comfort so he is waking me up every 2 hrs. He wont take a bottle at all he will just scream.Can anyone give me advice on things they have tried and have been successful with. Any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you so much.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:27 PM
We bed share:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN