Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby's first birthday, Did you go all out ?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM
  • 11 Replies

I moved to Ohio 3 years ago & i have NO family here! Well 2 uncles who i see only on holidays! 

Anyways, Baby Antony's birthday is on the 17th , So i was thinking of buying a really cute cake & celebrate it at my church after Sunday services? Something small & quick.... 

To be honest i feel so hurt & bad , that his first birthday isnt going to be like my other two kids first birthday where we went ALL OUT!!! I cant even do it at a park or nothing because its STILL SNOWING OUTSIDE! UGH!!!!! 

Any simple ideas i can do to make this day a little more special ?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy1438
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Take tons of pics. And don't feel bad, he won't remember :). You don't wanna spoil his fun by letting off those disappointed vibes! I'm probably just gonna do a friends from all over birthday party at my house or gma's house. Maybe water park (indoor) :) good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:58 AM

I think doing it with your church group is a great idea.  Can any of your family come out or can you visit them to celebrate? 

We have most of our family nearby.  What I am planning is a Sunday afternoon party from 2-5 at our house.  Nothing major, but snacks, cake and hopefully people mingling outside.  Praying for good weather (May).  I think I have the menu set and the invite list.  Now I have to get working on doing the invitations.

Mrs_lassalle
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:17 PM

All of my family & husband's family  live in Florida. But im happy we get to spend it with my church family :) 

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

I think doing it with your church group is a great idea.  Can any of your family come out or can you visit them to celebrate? 

We have most of our family nearby.  What I am planning is a Sunday afternoon party from 2-5 at our house.  Nothing major, but snacks, cake and hopefully people mingling outside.  Praying for good weather (May).  I think I have the menu set and the invite list.  Now I have to get working on doing the invitations.

LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM
For my twin boys, my now ex and I planned a small birthday party but the 2 people that we invited (friends of his) predictably, ended up with headaches.
Any time we invited them to something, one or both of them had headaches.

It got to the point that they would be invited to something but we wouldn't plan for them to be there.

With my dd, SO and I will have a fairly large birthday party with his family and mine.
expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:21 PM
With my oldest we rented a Hall and had a dj but only because the hall was real cheap and the dj was free and we both have big families so it was easier.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:14 PM

I went all out for my first child but kept it small for the rest of my babies.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:45 PM

so did we.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I went all out for my first child but kept it small for the rest of my babies.

AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:51 PM
We are having my daughters first birthday in May. With close friends and family we are at about 60 invites. We are serving lunch and cake. I am kinda hoping not everyone shows since we are having it at my house.
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Don't feel bad, going all out for the first birthday is absolutely pointless. It's more for you than it is for him:)

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Small can be special too. DS turns one on the 28th, but due to family being so far away, we're having a virtual party for him. I will still decorate for his mustache bash, but we'll be Skype calling all of the guests.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN