Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby's first birthday, Did you go all out ?

Posted by   + Show Post

I moved to Ohio 3 years ago & i have NO family here! Well 2 uncles who i see only on holidays! 

Anyways, Baby Antony's birthday is on the 17th , So i was thinking of buying a really cute cake & celebrate it at my church after Sunday services? Something small & quick.... 

To be honest i feel so hurt & bad , that his first birthday isnt going to be like my other two kids first birthday where we went ALL OUT!!! I cant even do it at a park or nothing because its STILL SNOWING OUTSIDE! UGH!!!!! 

Any simple ideas i can do to make this day a little more special ?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Replies (11-11):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Yep this. As long as you have some pics to remember the day later, I can't see how they'll care at all. Unless you are always telling them how great the older siblings first birthdays were and how lame his was to give him that idea :-)
We did a small extended family party with the older 2. The third we barely did anything and I predict we'll do just as little with the fourth once the time comes.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

Don't feel bad, going all out for the first birthday is absolutely pointless. It's more for you than it is for him:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)