Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Goats milk

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:37 PM
  • 9 Replies
Had anyone tried it on their infants?

I gave brooke it today and shes not spit up. She only spit the formula. And the only reason she was given formula twice was because of being out (i didnt want te goats milk to go bad) and because my husband didnt know i had made it last night
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Goats milk does not have the necessary nutrients for infant development. You can make a goats milk formula, but goats milk alone before a year isn't a good substitute for human milk.
ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Not what i asked.

So thank you.

Quoting SewingMamaLele: Goats milk does not have the necessary nutrients for infant development. You can make a goats milk formula, but goats milk alone before a year isn't a good substitute for human milk.
staci1103
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Nope never tried it 

SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Well, you aren't going to get many responses to your actual question because it's so risky. I fully support homemade goats milk formula as an alternative to commercial formula, but there's a reason they began modifying other mammal milk for infant consumption. Knowledge is power, I'm just sharing it. Please don't be offended.

Quoting ABCMomma0211: Not what i asked.

So thank you.

Quoting SewingMamaLele: Goats milk does not have the necessary nutrients for infant development. You can make a goats milk formula, but goats milk alone before a year isn't a good substitute for human milk.
waytomanykids10
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:16 PM

Every one of my kids started goats milk between 6-8 months old. My mother gave all my siblings and I goats milk from the day we were practically born. We are all still alive, kicking, and in pretty good health.

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:18 PM

was it infants goat milk formula? 

i'm going to ask on monday 

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Every one of my kids started goats milk between 6-8 months old. My mother gave all my siblings and I goats milk from the day we were practically born. We are all still alive, kicking, and in pretty good health.

ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:18 PM
MEYENBERG POWDERED GOAT MILK
BEGINNING RECIPE
(12 oz container) Powdered Goat Milk
6 Scoops (84 g)  
Water
36 oz. 
Rice Syrup
6 ½ Tbsp. 
Calories (per oz.)
As baby matures during its first year, gradually increase ratio of powder to water until whole milk level is reached (see below). Discontinue adding rice syrup (carbohydrates).

To reconstitute to Whole Milk
Powdered Goat Milk
8 scoops (112 g) 
Water
32 oz. 
 Calories (per oz.)
MEYENBERG EVAPORATED GOAT MILK
BEGINNING RECIPE
Evaporated Goat Milk
12 oz. 
Water
24 oz. 
Rice Syrup
5 Tbsp. 
Calories (per oz.)
As baby matures during its first year, gradually increase ratio of powder to water until whole milk level is reached (see below). Discontinue adding rice syrup (carbohydrates).

To reconstitute to Whole Milk
Evaporated Goat Milk
12 oz 

Water
12 oz. 
 Calories (per oz.)

Alternative carbohydrates include corn syrup and simple table sugar.
Table Sugar = 48 calories per Tbsp.
Corn Syrup = 60 calories per Tbsp.
Rice Syrup = 42 calories per Tbsp.
NOTE: Any time goat milk is the sole source of nutrition, we recommend the feeding of a vitamin supplement. Always consult your healthcare provider before using goat milk formula.

is that a good reciepe? 

i'm just at a loss ofwhat to do

Quoting SewingMamaLele: Well, you aren't going to get many responses to your actual question because it's so risky. I fully support homemade goats milk formula as an alternative to commercial formula, but there's a reason they began modifying other mammal milk for infant consumption. Knowledge is power, I'm just sharing it. Please don't be offended.
Quoting ABCMomma0211: Not what i asked. So thank you.

waytomanykids10
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM

No, it was goats milk straight from the tit.

Quoting ABCMomma0211:

was it infants goat milk formula? 

i'm going to ask on monday 

Quoting waytomanykids10:

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Nope, never tried it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)