Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Sleep Training Advice

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:03 PM
  • 23 Replies
So on the past two Pediatrician visitis my dr kindly says I MUST sleep train my son... But then she goes on to say Im not judging you as my daughter was 3 1/2 before she got in her own bed... Then she continued again that Must sleep train him and it will make my life easier... But the thing is I never ever evet complain about my sons sleep habits. I dont mind waking up to take care of my son.. I actually enjoy it. I just hate how she and the nurse (who happens to be my bf's sister) push the issue. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions on what to say to my doctor to not offend her? Im the one getting offended with the "you must" ... I dont have to do anything...
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Ignore. I'm not a fan of sleep training. I would tell her if you want advice for medical that is fine. Non medical to mind her own business.
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:12 PM
My pedi pushed sleep training too. I just ignored the advice. Dr's are supposed to give you medical advice not parenting advice. Follow your instinct and do what feels right for you.
mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just take it with a grain of salt. Honestly if it doesn't have anything medical to do with things I don't see how it would really concern the Dr. And if it continues, maybe it would be time to look into a different pediatrician.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:15 PM

And I was never a bog fan of sleep training either. I think you should do what is best for you and your LO.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Ignore it. Studies show that sleep training is harmful, not beneficial.
If babies really do need to sleep more there are ways to do it without harming them. However, those are rare cases.
staci1103
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't even know what sleep training is?? I have 4 kids and I've never heard of it. Is it like ferberizing them or something?  When my pedi mentions something I don't care to hear or agree with I just yes them to death and smile.  Then I do what I want anyway.  My oldest is 19 and she's still alive so I guess I've done something right...lol

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Smile, nod, ignore. Repeat as needed.
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:52 PM

I don't believe in sleep training.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:48 PM
Doctor is giving parenting, not medical advice. Ignore it!
dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this
100% agree

Quoting Mom2Just1: Ignore. I'm not a fan of sleep training. I would tell her if you want advice for medical that is fine. Non medical to mind her own business.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)