Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

opinions on medicine

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

so i bought this for 6 mo old. rarely use it... still a full bottle. what are your opinions on it?

http://www.target.com/p/zarbees-baby-cough-syrup-grape/-/A-14403161#prodSlot=medium_1_16

ingredients: triple filtered/double pasteurized organic agave nectar, water, natural flavor, citric acid, potassium sorbate.

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:58 PM
I would never give a baby or a toddler cough medicine. My oldest didn't get cough medicine until she was almost four, and my two year old hasn't had any yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 8:31 AM

It's pure sugar.  I wouldn't use it unless directed by the pediatrician.  A cough right now is most likely from excessive drool from teething.

abra
by Abra on Mar. 14, 2014 at 11:36 AM
I wouldn't. Agave is similar to high fructose corn syrup and technically, you aren't supposed to give infants any cold medicine. Do you have a humidifer? I usually just use the humidifier and put vicks vapor rub on their feet.
aztecqueen22
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Oh ok. I just let it sit there. Dont really give it to him. He has a really runny nose but the bulb doesnt really work. Plan on getting a parent controlled nasal aspirator. I use the baby rub. No humidifier. Warm or cold? And since I dont have one I just turn on the hot shower

Quoting abra: I wouldn't. Agave is similar to high fructose corn syrup and technically, you aren't supposed to give infants any cold medicine. Do you have a humidifer? I usually just use the humidifier and put vicks vapor rub on their feet.
WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I agree with the above posters! When I took mine in a couple of days ago, my pedi said no OTC cough meds until at least 4 years old.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:36 PM

I wouldn't

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN