Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Advice Needed: no sleep

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:52 PM
  • 13 Replies

My son is a year old and he still wakes up every 2 hours for a bottle, I've tried everything feeding him a big meal before bed, cereal bottle in the middle of the night, nothing works :( 

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Sleeping through the night is a developmental milestone. He will do it when he is ready.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Seems stressful but baby will sleep when ready : (

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Mar. 16, 2014 at 4:27 PM
I agree with this:

Quoting Mom2Just1: Sleeping through the night is a developmental milestone. He will do it when he is ready.
Bella-Kiwi
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor mama. I haven't had this problem but my 4 month old used to stay up all night until I bought a wrap sleep sack. I guess it makes her feel more secure and since I've done this, she sleep throughout the night. Only advice I really have on this!
JenniferMiller0
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is 21 months old and still doesn't sleep through the night! he will sleep about 2-4 hours in his bed and then crawl into bed with mommy and daddy when he wakes up. He's momma's big booby boy

Carebearxox54
by New Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Yeah that's how Blake is he wakes up and wants too get in my bed with me, which I don't mind it's just a rough night of sleep ;( 

melindabelcher
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Each kiddo is unique. He'll sleep when hes ready to unfortunately.
My oldest slept 12hrs at 8 weeks.
Second was only up once or trice in 12hrs until 18mo when she slept 7-7
Third one is a trouble maker and will be 2 in a couple days and has finally got down to 1-3 times a night.
jhslove
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:12 AM

It sounds like he has some sleep associations. A one-year-old does not need to eat every two hours; it sounds like he's waking up and rather than being able to fall back asleep independently, you and the bottle are his sleep association.

What do you do when he wakes up? Does he have a bedtime routine? If so, what is it?

smorgan865
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:14 AM
This. My first thought was it's habit instead if actual hunger.

Quoting jhslove:

It sounds like he has some sleep associations. A one-year-old does not need to eat every two hours; it sounds like he's waking up and rather than being able to fall back asleep independently, you and the bottle are his sleep association.

What do you do when he wakes up? Does he have a bedtime routine? If so, what is it?

Allisonc7910
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
He can't self soothe. He needs the bottle and you to get back to sleep. I would look up some ways to night wean.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)