Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

New moms with high blood pressure

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 10:33 PM
  • 14 Replies
What helped you?
I want to go the natural way to overcome these horrible symptoms. My baby is 6 months old. Before giving birth I never had hbp. My BP was always perfect 117/70, most of the time.
If you are fighting against high blood pressure the natural way, please share tips with me. Thanks
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Exercise and a low sodium diet is what helped me after my second kiddo. Diet alone wasn't enough to do anything, but an hour or so of aerobic exercise got it down to a good level. The foods I particularly avoided were boxed/bagged/canned foods as they tend to be processed and therefore pretty high in sodium. I try to keep each meal right around 10% daily value(based on packaged foods since I really can't do without too many processed foods lol) of sodium, and I don't add any salt to my food I cook until I taste it.
liss05
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 8:32 AM

A lot of my HBP issues are hereditary so I eventually had to be put on meds after my 9yo baby was born but I watch what I eat and walk daily and yoga.

g5em
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Thanks! Seems like working out us the key. But it scares me to work out because BP gets higher while working out.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: Exercise and a low sodium diet is what helped me after my second kiddo. Diet alone wasn't enough to do anything, but an hour or so of aerobic exercise got it down to a good level. The foods I particularly avoided were boxed/bagged/canned foods as they tend to be processed and therefore pretty high in sodium. I try to keep each meal right around 10% daily value(based on packaged foods since I really can't do without too many processed foods lol) of sodium, and I don't add any salt to my food I cook until I taste it.
g5em
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Didn't know it could be hereditary.

Quoting liss05:

A lot of my HBP issues are hereditary so I eventually had to be put on meds after my 9yo baby was born but I watch what I eat and walk daily and yoga.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:36 AM
I was afraid of that too, but it only stayed high for about an hour to two hours after working out for me. After that it would go down to a good low number and stay that way for a a couple days.

Quoting g5em: Thanks! Seems like working out us the key. But it scares me to work out because BP gets higher while working out.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: Exercise and a low sodium diet is what helped me after my second kiddo. Diet alone wasn't enough to do anything, but an hour or so of aerobic exercise got it down to a good level. The foods I particularly avoided were boxed/bagged/canned foods as they tend to be processed and therefore pretty high in sodium. I try to keep each meal right around 10% daily value(based on packaged foods since I really can't do without too many processed foods lol) of sodium, and I don't add any salt to my food I cook until I taste it.
g5em
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Awesome! I'm gladiator you don't have BP issues anymore. It's so scary

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: I was afraid of that too, but it only stayed high for about an hour to two hours after working out for me. After that it would go down to a good low number and stay that way for a a couple days.

Quoting g5em: Thanks! Seems like working out us the key. But it scares me to work out because BP gets higher while working out.

g5em
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:04 PM
* I'm very glad - I meant :)

Quoting g5em: Awesome! I'm gladiator you don't have BP issues anymore. It's so scary

Quoting Mrs.Pedro: I was afraid of that too, but it only stayed high for about an hour to two hours after working out for me. After that it would go down to a good low number and stay that way for a a couple days.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:20 PM
I didn't have it until the end of my pregnancy and then I had to stay on medication for a while with a visiting nurse checking me twice a week when she came to check on him too cause he was preemie.
mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 17, 2014 at 2:37 PM

diet, exercise and meditation helped me, but if you use essential oils that can help too Lemon, it also helps with your mood and if you have anxiety. Stay away from eucalyptus that can cause your bp to go up.

Eventually I had to go on medications but then again my bp is hereditary too.

g5em
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 4:48 PM
Same with me. My baby was a preemie too. When was your baby born? Are you back to normal now?

Quoting expectantmom81: I didn't have it until the end of my pregnancy and then I had to stay on medication for a while with a visiting nurse checking me twice a week when she came to check on him too cause he was preemie.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)