Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Who DOES believe in sleep training and has advice to give? UPDATE picture

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:02 AM
  • 110 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 7.5 month old goes down fine. He wakes 30 mins later and cries anywhere from 30mins to 2 hours inconsolably. Rocking shushing holding not holding, swaddle, don't swaddle, bounce mattress, pat on the bum, Tylenol, Motrin, teething tabs, treatment for reflux, offering breast again.... I've done it.

Nothing helps. 1.5 hours tonight of crying before breast would sooth him. He just cries. I've been able to at least sooth my other children. Help me brainstorm, what am I missing??

....I added a pic, page 11? Of him putting blankets on his face. Would you just let it go if it means he sleeps??
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leanntx
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you tried gripe water?
DiamondSmith
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Music? My son loved music if u don't like Christian music, lullabys or mozart. It really helped my son. Also maybe try finding a small blanket/animal he can become attached to an start self soothing with. I bought a small1x1 blanket from wal mart called my taggies. It has a bunch of non detachable tags that babys love rubbing on hands an face. It was a life saver.. I wish u an baby luck!
SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Yes actually, I did :/

Quoting leanntx: Have you tried gripe water?
leanntx
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:36 AM
I'm sorry, I don't have any other tips. Other than during growth spurts or teething, our LO sleeps through the night.

Quoting SMTCMMoore: Yes actually, I did :/

Quoting leanntx: Have you tried gripe water?
kaeleesmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter started having night terrors at that age. Rare but can and does happen.
SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM
He has one but isn't a fan. Perhaps I'll sleep with it tonight to see if I can get him more bonded to it.

Quoting DiamondSmith: Music? My son loved music if u don't like Christian music, lullabys or mozart. It really helped my son. Also maybe try finding a small blanket/animal he can become attached to an start self soothing with. I bought a small1x1 blanket from wal mart called my taggies. It has a bunch of non detachable tags that babys love rubbing on hands an face. It was a life saver.. I wish u an baby luck!
angelbutterfly2
by New Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:41 AM
My 5 mo old was like that. I ended up just letting her cry till she fell asleep again without going in. It took over 1hr. Ever since it takes about 5min to go down and most of the time she'll stay asleep. Good luck!
SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:43 AM
He has been soon this for months. How long did it take your little one to cry for shorter periods?

Quoting angelbutterfly2: My 5 mo old was like that. I ended up just letting her cry till she fell asleep again without going in. It took over 1hr. Ever since it takes about 5min to go down and most of the time she'll stay asleep. Good luck!
SMTCMMoore
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
It only happens within 30 mins of falling asleep, never throughout the night.

Quoting kaeleesmommy: My daughter started having night terrors at that age. Rare but can and does happen.
DiamondSmith
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:52 AM
It took me like a week to get my son attached to it. He'd cry all night for months... I began playing music and it helped so much dim lights and some warm milk or baby chamomille chest rub would help. He had night terrors.. an recently went back to his bed I'd be up rocking him all 8 hours. He would then only nap for an hour and that was when I'd sleep. It was rough but the music rub an taggies helped a lot!. Its difficult an exhausting,but you'll both get through it! It could be a phase... also Johnson an Johnson has a baby bedtime lotion the chamomille may help ease him.

Quoting SMTCMMoore: He has one but isn't a fan. Perhaps I'll sleep with it tonight to see if I can get him more bonded to it.

Quoting DiamondSmith: Music? My son loved music if u don't like Christian music, lullabys or mozart. It really helped my son. Also maybe try finding a small blanket/animal he can become attached to an start self soothing with. I bought a small1x1 blanket from wal mart called my taggies. It has a bunch of non detachable tags that babys love rubbing on hands an face. It was a life saver.. I wish u an baby luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)