Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How Do You Make Meal Time Fun For Your Baby?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:34 AM
  • 55 Replies
1 mom liked this

Moms know that feeding time can often be a challenge. It's hard enough to get them to sit still to eat let alone making sure they are eating enough and eating well. The fun part is that you are there for their first taste of everything!

Tell us, How Do You Make Meal Time Fun For Your Baby? 

We gave moms Earth's Best Organic Infant Food jars and pouches to try at home. 

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Hi, I'm Larissa. I live in Colorado with my husband and four children. The baby is 7 months old, so he's still very new to eating solid food. To me, feeding baby the healthiest possible foods while I'm completely in control of their food choices is very important. It builds a good foundation for the future. Organic food whenever possible is a part of that healthy foundation.

We were very excited to try Earth's Best baby food and the food didn't disappoint! Baby really enjoyed it.
Unfortunately I didn't care for the pouch format because the baby is too young to understand the concept that if you squeeze it, puree squirts all over LOL. He's just excited to grab everything in sight, ESPECIALLY once he knows it's food. The great part is that he absolutely LOVED what he ate, I just didn't care for the big mess (although baby didn't mind that part either!)
I would definitely recommend Earth's Best for those wanting a store bought, pureed baby food!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.gosnell
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 4:52 PM
I'm Kristina I live in upstate south Carolina my son is 8 months he's loving the blueberry pouches, and the harvest turkey and squash jars. I prefer the pouches over the jars because they're so much easier to feed my little one. I would most definitely recommend these products to my friends because they're organic and very healthy for our babies. Thank you for choosing me to try the products.
Amycapl
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:27 PM
I'm Amy and I live in CT. My baby is 7 months old. We use both jars and pouches and I like each for different reasons. I like the pouches cause they're easier to store but I like jars because I feel more comfortable being able to see what's inside. Penny does not have a preference to jars or pouches. It is very important to me to give my baby organic foods whenever possible. I live Earth's Best products and because of the quality of their product, I would absolutely recommend them to a friend
SendMeBabyDust
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Hello my name is Jada. I am from California . My son is 9 months . I am liking the product so far . His favorite so far is peach mango . I prefer the pouches because for some reason he likes it better . He doesn't like spoons all that much. It is important he received organic foods because after I saw how much sugar/fillers were added to normal baby food, I wasn't too happy . I would recommend to friends because its all natural . no added sugar . Just perfect .

kysmama08
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Hello :) I'm April and we live in PA. My little bean is 8 months old and her name is Aspen. We mainly used the jars because I wanted her to get used to eating from a spoon. I sent a Peach Mango pouch with my MIL and she loved it for her, she said it was so easy to use and Aspen loved it. She loves all the foods, she's a veggies and fruit fan for sure! 2 kids and so far no picky eaters! I have used the cereals in the past and they were great. I like to make my own food so she can eat what we eat, but sometimes it's too hard. I would definitely reccommend the products to friends and family and actually already have!

jbyrd898
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this

My name is Jessica and I live in Western NC with my hubby of almost six years, my three 1/2 year old son Joey, and my little girl Ruby Joy who is seven months old.  I generally make my own baby food, but Earth's Best is the only one I have bought in the past. I feel really good about their food because if you are buying apples, it says "organic apples and water", how can you really go wrong with that? Anyway, I had only bought the jars in the past, but really liked the pouches now. They are so easy, and you can just squirt it on the plate, and feed them from there. I always give her her own spoon too, so that she can "eat" with it. Before getting these, she had just tried apple, banana,  advocado and some green beans. She really liked the taste of the mango peach, and the look on her face was pretty darn cute. I am going to start finger foods and hopefully transition completely to that, I just like her to get a lot of practice chewing on. 

We do not make meat at our house, so I actually gave some of the meat dishes to a meat eating family I know with a one year old and she said he LOVED them too. 

I posted this a picture of my little girl surrounded in her Earth's Best and told everyone how great the stuff was, so I am recommending them to all my friends. 

Here is my supergirl, Ruby Joy

CafeMom Tickers
kgmmw
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Hi everyone I'm Kimberly from Ky. I have four kids ages 9,8,5 and my baby boy of 7 months. We just started solids and I love the pouched baby foods that are available now. We have tried a couple of the Earths Best baby foods and my little guy loves them. I prefer pouches over jars because they are so convenient and easy to store. I have shared my experience with this brand of baby food to a couple of my mommy friends and they agree that it's by far the best.
graycalico
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Hello, I'm Deon. I have three kids and we live in Oregon. My youngest dd is ten months, her name is Cora. We're mostly doing blw so she's just started really liking food. I thought trying a few purées would be a good way to get a variety of foods for her to try. I really like that Earth's best is organic and doesn't have a lot of fillers, that's one main reason we skip most baby "foods". We really love some of the higher stage jars we've tried. It looks and smells like real food!

We make meals fun by eating all together and not being afraid to get a little messy.
graycalico
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:16 AM

Mobile Photo

We gave spoon eating a try lol. She avoided the spoon. She wasn't loving me trying to put anything in her mouth. Lol. I'm going to try again tomorrow with a pouch. I bet she'll like being able to hold it herself. My special needs son had eating issues and he really liked pouch foods and I loved how convenient they were when we were out and about. I like how they store and reseal better than jars and you don't need a spoon once your baby is able to hold it themselves. It's a great way to get some fruits and veggies into them!
SlingsAndThings
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:40 AM

I'm Clarissa and I'm the mom to Charlie and Danica.  Charlie is currently almost 8 months old and is my little chow hound.  Danica is now almost 6 years old and well past the baby food phase! Charlie really loves puree baby food.  He will easily eat a whole pouch if not a little more than that in a sitting.  We love to use the pouches both at home and at daycare because they're so easy to use and transport.  They fit nicely into Charlie's food storage container at the day care we send them too and his teachers love them too and both of us have actually been recommending them to other parents.  We don't eat too much organic food but when it's an option, we do tend to choose organic over non-organic.  A lot of it does tend to depend on which has the best selection.  I find that we can find more interesting flavors in the organic section than in non-organic.   Over all, meal time is a messy but enjoyable experience in my house.  

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN