Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have this problem?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:29 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
I can't seem to relax lately. I'm a sahm to a 14 month old, who is my first child. I've never been lazy, but I'm also not one of those people who wants to constantly be moving. In my free time I prefer things like reading, jewelry making, things that are kind of quiet. The more I get used to motherhood, the less I can sit still. My day consists of a lot of up and down and all around. I'm either keeping the house in order, playing with my son, or running errands. I get breaks when he naps, but it's like I can't sit down for more than 5 minutes. I've been sick off and on lately, and even when things can wait because I need rest, I can't relax until they're done. Is this just a mom thing?
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
enioluwa
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Im also like this! Will be looking forward to others moms replies, so glad im not the only one in this situation.
myempyreofdirt
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope you're not paying for it like I am. :( Dh was off yesterday, so I handled the errands and household stuff and he just took care of our son. It was a busy day and I took on way too much. Couldn't seem to sit down even when there was time. Today I feel like I got hit by a train.

Quoting enioluwa: Im also like this! Will be looking forward to others moms replies, so glad im not the only one in this situation.
Libra113
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:10 PM
I feel the same way and now I think it is getting to me. I am exhausted and starting to snap at my husband and even my 3 and 7 year old. We also have a newborn so I feel like between feeding him caring for the house and the other kids I don't stop.
myempyreofdirt
by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Yeah, it's been getting to me too. I only have one child, so there's no reason to be running myself into the ground like this. But I feel really anxious when I try to relax.

Quoting Libra113: I feel the same way and now I think it is getting to me. I am exhausted and starting to snap at my husband and even my 3 and 7 year old. We also have a newborn so I feel like between feeding him caring for the house and the other kids I don't stop.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:59 PM

You just described me, lol

Bambooflute
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:02 PM

We are kind of the same,he is my first child and I go nuts sometimes for not settling down for a few minutes before he get up again,I just don't stop.HUG:)

Bambooflute
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:03 PM

He is turning one year old soon:)he is so cutie.lol

abra
by Abra on Mar. 22, 2014 at 5:46 PM
You feel anxious or just like you need to keep busy?
myempyreofdirt
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Anxious. I have an anxiety disorder, but it's well controlled now. Maybe this is a new symptom though?

Quoting abra: You feel anxious or just like you need to keep busy?
abra
by Abra on Mar. 22, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Yes, I'd keep an eye on it. I like to stay busy, but when I can't relax even when I want to, I know something is wrong. 

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Anxious. I have an anxiety disorder, but it's well controlled now. Maybe this is a new symptom though?
Quoting abra: You feel anxious or just like you need to keep busy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN