Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Do you have this problem?

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:29 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
I can't seem to relax lately. I'm a sahm to a 14 month old, who is my first child. I've never been lazy, but I'm also not one of those people who wants to constantly be moving. In my free time I prefer things like reading, jewelry making, things that are kind of quiet. The more I get used to motherhood, the less I can sit still. My day consists of a lot of up and down and all around. I'm either keeping the house in order, playing with my son, or running errands. I get breaks when he naps, but it's like I can't sit down for more than 5 minutes. I've been sick off and on lately, and even when things can wait because I need rest, I can't relax until they're done. Is this just a mom thing?
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
enioluwa
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Im also like this! Will be looking forward to others moms replies, so glad im not the only one in this situation.
myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope you're not paying for it like I am. :( Dh was off yesterday, so I handled the errands and household stuff and he just took care of our son. It was a busy day and I took on way too much. Couldn't seem to sit down even when there was time. Today I feel like I got hit by a train.

Quoting enioluwa: Im also like this! Will be looking forward to others moms replies, so glad im not the only one in this situation.
Libra113
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:10 PM
I feel the same way and now I think it is getting to me. I am exhausted and starting to snap at my husband and even my 3 and 7 year old. We also have a newborn so I feel like between feeding him caring for the house and the other kids I don't stop.
myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Yeah, it's been getting to me too. I only have one child, so there's no reason to be running myself into the ground like this. But I feel really anxious when I try to relax.

Quoting Libra113: I feel the same way and now I think it is getting to me. I am exhausted and starting to snap at my husband and even my 3 and 7 year old. We also have a newborn so I feel like between feeding him caring for the house and the other kids I don't stop.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:59 PM

You just described me, lol

Bambooflute
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:02 PM

We are kind of the same,he is my first child and I go nuts sometimes for not settling down for a few minutes before he get up again,I just don't stop.HUG:)

Bambooflute
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 11:03 PM

He is turning one year old soon:)he is so cutie.lol

abra
by Abra on Mar. 22, 2014 at 5:46 PM
You feel anxious or just like you need to keep busy?
myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Anxious. I have an anxiety disorder, but it's well controlled now. Maybe this is a new symptom though?

Quoting abra: You feel anxious or just like you need to keep busy?
abra
by Abra on Mar. 22, 2014 at 5:51 PM

Yes, I'd keep an eye on it. I like to stay busy, but when I can't relax even when I want to, I know something is wrong. 

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Anxious. I have an anxiety disorder, but it's well controlled now. Maybe this is a new symptom though?
Quoting abra: You feel anxious or just like you need to keep busy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)