Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby likes NOTHING

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:47 PM
  • 14 Replies
My 9mo dislikes everything. He doesn't like the jumper, walker, high chair, swing...every time I put him in one of these he screams. He doesn't want held, yet doesn't want down either. This makes getting anything done impossible. He's always been this way. He sleeps & eats good. Any other moms with an unhappy baby? Any advice on getting him to like something?
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Maybe something is making him uncomfortable?
3Rasberries
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:03 PM

I am really sorry you are going through this. It must be tough. I can't really offer you any real advice other than talking with his pediatrician. It sounds like it could be sensory related. Although, he is eating and sleeping well. 

suebee3
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Bump

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:27 PM

Does he like to be on the floor with toys?

myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Is he getting enough sleep? Mine gets like that when he's overly tired. Also, do you have a pack n play or playpen? He might prefer being able to move around a bit.
KatieJumonville
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:01 AM
He plays with toys when I am on the floor. He searches for me whenever I try to sneak away. When I am not on the floor he stands beside me and cries.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Does he like to be on the floor with toys?

KatieJumonville
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:05 AM
He hates the pack n play too. He is a good sleeper 12 hrs/night plus 1 or 2, hour long+ naps. Hoping that once he graduates to walking he'll find something to like.

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Is he getting enough sleep? Mine gets like that when he's overly tired. Also, do you have a pack n play or playpen? He might prefer being able to move around a bit.
myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Hmm, that is odd. Seems like something is wrong, but I'm not sure what. If he's sleeping good it's probably not anything painful. Have you asked his doctor about it?

Quoting KatieJumonville: He hates the pack n play too. He is a good sleeper 12 hrs/night plus 1 or 2, hour long+ naps. Hoping that once he graduates to walking he'll find something to like.

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Is he getting enough sleep? Mine gets like that when he's overly tired. Also, do you have a pack n play or playpen? He might prefer being able to move around a bit.
Eternity807
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM

My DD 5 months pretty much hates everyone and everything but me and being in my arms.  And sometimes even that isn't enough.  I hope she grows out of it.

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Sounds like my first born. He had major separation anxiety from 5 months to 3 yrs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN