Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

You have got to be kidding!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:14 PM
  • 10 Replies
*Venting**
My daughter is only 16 months old and I DO NOT smack her butt when she is bad because she's only a baby they are not going to know any better. My sister babysits her and my aunt happened to be there also today and when I got there to pick her up I was told by both of them that they both smacked her butt! As I am extremely angry now I asked what she had done an my aunts reason was because she was "spitting on her" but my daughter is getting teeth so every time her mouth opens she drools. She has NEVER spit on me which has be believing that it was only drool. My sisters answer was that she was pulling my nieces hair and smacking her but all you have to do is tell her no and she will walk away so what was the freaking purpose to smacking MY CHILDS butt!?!? My niece is 4 and she cries if you just touch her because when I got there my daughter was walking over to hug her and she was like ow Bailee you're hurting me and all she did was hug her. Am I the only one who sees this is completely wrong!? You don't just smack someone else's child! >:(

I do intend to look for someone else to watch her but I have also made it clear that I will not tolerate someone spanking my daughter.
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Wow, I would be furious!!!!!!!

momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Id be ticked. Looks like you might need a new sitter.
expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:36 PM
Wow!!
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:43 PM

I would NOT be okay with anyone smacking my child's butt. We don't spank either, but even if we did, that is for parents to do only - no one else should be doing that to someone else's child. I honestly wouldn't let them ever watch my child again.

TaralynnStewart
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:45 PM
My child wouldn't be going back there. Family or not.
AKDlove
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:31 PM

No way my kid would go back there.

I've made it VERY clear to my mom & grandma (the only 2 that watch her) that NO spanking whatsoever will be allowed and thankfully, even tho they are both pro-spanking, they respect my wishes.

EverleighsMommy
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 6:32 AM
WOW..
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Wow
mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:27 PM

I'm speechless. But I would be just as pissed off.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:34 PM
I'd be pissed too. Find another caregiver.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)