Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Bloated belly

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:16 PM
  • 6 Replies
My baby is 2 1/2 weeks old and every now and then his belly appears bloated. Is this common in breastfed newborns? He's not a fussy baby so it doesn't seem to burger him and I heard bloating is from gas. Should I be worried?
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shortlilartist
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:29 PM

i remember mine having a budda belly sometimes. hes 1 now. but in the beggining i think it was normal for him. he was a good eater, breastfed. and he didnt seem fussy from it. mention it to your doc, but my son still has a bigger belly. its not uncommon for babies to have big bellys. but if its significantly bloated and he seems upset he could need somwthing to help to relieve the gas.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. Most likely it's gas. If it doesn't seem to bother him, I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe it's something you are eating?

smac28
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Probably just gas and you are lucky he doesnt seem bothered by it, my baby girl is a beast when she has the bloated gas belly!

expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:57 AM
I wouldn't worry if he doesn't seem bothered.
abra
by Abra on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:43 PM
I agree. :-) They don't really have much for stomach muscles as newborns, so whenever they eat or have gas, they tend to look bloated.

Quoting expectantmom81: I wouldn't worry if he doesn't seem bothered.
Turtledoves
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:58 PM

As long as it doesn't look worrisome big, I wouldn't worry about it. Gas tends to make them look a bit bloated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN