Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Ear infection remedies? Help

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:01 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi,

New here and have a question. DD has been getting a lot of ear infections and I was wondering if anyone had any advice to avoid them or a more natural way to get rid of them.

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:48 AM
My oldest was getting them constantly and he ended up needing to get tubes put in cause he was unable to drain fluid on his own. I'm not sure of any way to avoid them.
expectantmom81
by Erin on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Also welcome to the group :-)
abra
by Abra on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Using a pacifier or bottle at night can increase chances of ear infections, but some kids are just more prone to them than others. I had them all the time as a kid (never used a paci or a bottle) and I still get frequent ear infections as an adult. My 3 year old gets them a couple times a year (he doesn't use a paci or a bottle, I think he just got my inner ear shape). Our doctor suggested adding probiotics to his diet and that has helped. As far as treating them when he gets them, honestly, I just recommend getting the anti-biotics. They clear it up faster then "natural" methods and provide quick relief. My mom always used home methods on me and since it took so long to clear up the infection, I ended up with a lot of eardrum scarring that has decreased my hearing now.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Welcome to the group but I have no advice baby has never had an ear infection.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Mullein oil ear drops. Google them, or you may find them at a local health food store.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)