Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Did you name your baby after someone special?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:26 PM
  • 51 Replies

Are you named after someone special? 

"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed." - GK Chesterton 

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RalphsMommy123
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:19 PM
My son's middle name is Ralph. He was named after an uncle of mine. He was murdered a few years before I was born so I didn't get to meet him of course. His murderer only served 17 years and is now a free man. I made a promise to my grandma that I would use her son's name when I name my first son.
Bella-Kiwi
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:26 PM
My girls only have K names like their dad as well as double L's in their middle name like their dad.

I don't know anyone worth naming my children after, unfortunately.
KikiB85
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:00 PM
All 3 kids have 1 family name to them.
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:03 PM
My ds has my great grandfather's middle name. I never met him. His middle name, Wesley, is the only decent family name in either my mom or dads side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Mar. 26, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Mason was named after his great-great grandfather first name/great grandmother's maiden name...his middle name isn't named after anyone in our families.

Charlie was named after his Great Grandfather and his grandfather(On my side of the family) (Charles Thomas)

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm named after the country singer Crystal Gayle.

Both of my sons are named after grandfathers. 

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
DS is named after DH's grandpa. Grandpa Henry turned 95 a couple of months after Baby Henry was born, so I don't think DS will have memories of his namesake.

By pure coincidence, DD shares her name with my great grandma and DH's great aunt. We didn't realize there were other Alices in the family tree until we'd already decided on the name.
m0m0f0ne
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 10:33 PM
My sons middle name was taken from my husbands best friend. He is an amazing man and I'm so happy they share that
myempyreofdirt
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Ds' middle name is Daniel, after his godfather (dh's best friend).
EWJensen
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:32 PM
My daughter's name is Beretta we will call her etta for short after my grandmother. If we have boys I would like to use family names.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)