Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies
is 4 months to young to start baby on rice cereal? what are the advantages of getting them started in rice cereal?
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Replies (21-30):
vlbomar
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Hmmm. My doc told me to mix cereal in sons bottle at 3months.
pinkfairy0206
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:09 AM
What!? Why?? I've never heard a dr saying this!

Quoting vlbomar: Hmmm. My doc told me to mix cereal in sons bottle at 3months.
vlbomar
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Because he wasn't gaining and eating every hour. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Babygurl2409
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:20 AM
hes gaining the rite amount of weight. hes in the 50th percentile for weight. but I just feel like hes constantly eating

Quoting vlbomar: Because he wasn't gaining and eating every hour. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
brynnduhh
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:22 AM
I would wait til at least 6months
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:23 AM
He is a baby and they have small stomachs. I nursed every 2 hours for a year with all my kids. During growth spurts I nursed ever hour or less.

Quoting Babygurl2409: hes gaining the rite amount of weight. hes in the 50th percentile for weight. but I just feel like hes constantly eating

Quoting vlbomar: Because he wasn't gaining and eating every hour. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
newbieann
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Every baby is different. Depends on their cues. At four months my son was trying to grab my food. I waited until he was five months though. 

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Grabbing for food means nothing. Babies would sooner grab a sharp knife or a lit cigarette; all it shows is natural curiosity.

Quoting newbieann:

Every baby is different. Depends on their cues. At four months my son was trying to grab my food. I waited until he was five months though. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newbieann
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM

That's why I waited a month to see if it was food he wanted or whatever I had in front of me. 

It was the food. Soon as I gave him rice cereal, yams, squash, he ate it right up. 

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: Grabbing for food means nothing. Babies would sooner grab a sharp knife or a lit cigarette; all it shows is natural curiosity.
Quoting newbieann:

MyNameIs-
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:57 AM
When my first dd was born, it was 4-6 months. By the time my second was born (3 years later) it was minimum of 6 months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN