Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What are the top things you dislike that Mothers around you do???

I have had so many disagreements on here. From food, to bedtimes, to the age for cows milk to be introduced, from when my child should sit in a bigger forward facing car seat. So im asking everybody what do you disagree with. What are the top things you dislike that Mothers around you do? My top one is I dislike Moms who think that other Moms dont know what there doing. Drives me crazy.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
JaydensMama418
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:49 AM

My Son likes to be cool too. In the winter I had to put him in light winter clothes or he would sweat. I started him on cereal at 4 months. Got crap for that. Get crap for doing his night time routine at 8. People say its too late. Get crap for giving him juice. Or having too close of naps. I dont make my Sons schedule. He makes it for me. If he falls asleep 3 hours after his last nap so be it. Drives me nuts that people think there babies should be just like mine.

kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:51 AM
When people dont use a carseat, my sil literally only uses acar seat as long as her kids are in an infant carrier, and wanted to ff her three month old...
JaydensMama418
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Now thats crazy...We called our highway patrol because im a new Mom and dont know when he can be FF. Hes a year old and 22lbs. Our highway patrol said as soon as he grows out of his infant car seat and can be moved to a bigger one and is a year old. Its not illegal in our state for a baby to be FF. My Son grew out of his car seat. So we got him a bigger one and moved him FF.

valeriesmom1112
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:58 PM
My dd and a girl at my works ds are close in age (both just turned two) and we saw a mom put her 3 or 4 yr old in a forward facing car seat and she started going on about how what an idiot she is. When i told her dd was forward facing she said that if were ever in a wreck my dd was going to die. I was shocked because we agree on a lot of things. Let me be a parent to my kid and you do the same is how i feel. I hate when other parents judge other parents because they dont agree with them. I still bf my dd and i get hell over that all the time.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:11 PM

People who brag about their parenting. For example: My DD was TWO the first time she had chocolate (and this mom tells me every single time I see her, it's like ok already! That's wonderful!

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:41 PM

I agree! 

Quoting JessiFaye: I don't like it when moms push their opinions on other moms.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
JaydensMama418
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I think whatever way you choose to parent is the right way for you and your child. Its your child. Your choices.

dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:07 PM
That's why I don't ask for advice in this group. You have to do your own research and make your own decisions for your child.

Quoting JaydensMama418:

Alot of people do throw there parenting on you. I got on this site for advice because im a first time Mom. When someone tells me they think im doing something wrong I research it and then change it if I think its wrong after my research. I have had people tell me I feed him too much, Ive had people tell me I shouldnt feed him oatmeal cereal because its bad for him, Not to feed him jar baby food, That he should be using a sippy all the time now, He goes to bed too late. Just pretty much calling me a bad parent every question I ask. This sites getting old. Im asking for a Moms advice since im a first time Mom. Im not asking to be put down and told that Im a shitty parent. I dont feel thats right. 

peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate when mothers let their children run wild in stores.

KW1280
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Agreed

Quoting JessiFaye: I don't like it when moms push their opinions on other moms.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)