Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What are the top things you dislike that Mothers around you do???

I have had so many disagreements on here. From food, to bedtimes, to the age for cows milk to be introduced, from when my child should sit in a bigger forward facing car seat. So im asking everybody what do you disagree with. What are the top things you dislike that Mothers around you do? My top one is I dislike Moms who think that other Moms dont know what there doing. Drives me crazy.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Here's the thing: it's kinda all in your own attitude how this site and interacting with other parents goes. Can people become overzealous and come off the wrong way? Sure! It's the internet and we're all strangers. And if parenting isn't worth being passionate about, what is?!

But are people actually saying you're wrong and a shitty mom? Not usually. They're usually eager to share what's "best" with you because they want the best for your baby and you're asking them for advice.

I've definitely learned some things from other moms. Does it mean I was a bad mom before? Hell no, I'm a great mom. Did I not know better and make a different decision after other moms took the time to share their views? Sometimes. Other times I think their way isn't right and I continue doing things the way I believe to be best.

If you're confident that you are doing your best for your baby, different opinions and approaches shouldn't bother you. Learning new information and changing how you do something doesn't mean you were a "bad" mom, it means you were doing your best with the information available to you at the time. If you learn a better way, you change.

Quoting JaydensMama418:

Alot of people do throw there parenting on you. I got on this site for advice because im a first time Mom. When someone tells me they think im doing something wrong I research it and then change it if I think its wrong after my research. I have had people tell me I feed him too much, Ive had people tell me I shouldnt feed him oatmeal cereal because its bad for him, Not to feed him jar baby food, That he should be using a sippy all the time now, He goes to bed too late. Just pretty much calling me a bad parent every question I ask. This sites getting old. Im asking for a Moms advice since im a first time Mom. Im not asking to be put down and told that Im a shitty parent. I dont feel thats right. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Cereal in bottles, liquidy food, food before six months old (aside from cereal for reflux) ff at a year old, harnesses, blanket training (just learned what that was, and I don't like it), spanking, insulting their children, mocking them, cry it out... I'm sure there's more, but I dislike a lot of things that parents do. I like things my way. Most things that bother me aren't terrible, I just don't like them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this
And benedryl. I've been told to give my babies benedryl when they had trouble sleeping at night. I consider that abuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redmummyof3
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:59 AM

i hate it when other moms treat my son like hes not there or they pity him

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 2:02 AM
Lack.of knowledge on carseat safety. & over feeding kids.
KatieJumonville
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:10 AM
It irritates me when mothers do every little thing for their kids, causing whiny, helpless little people. My son is 4, and very independent. He has small jobs to do around the house, and is self sufficient in many age appropriate ways. He doesn't ask me to wait on him, when it is something he can do himself. He feels helpful, and very proud of the tasks he does. (He is also aware of his limits and asks for help with things he is not allowed to do yet.)
JaydensMama418
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I think the way I parent is the best. My Son had solids at 4 months old. His dr told me to add a half of Tsp of cereal in his bottle to help with his reflux. He had fruits from a bowl at 6 months. I think the way my baby was fed and the way I do things is right. He's turning 1 in 17 days. At his 9 month app he was 20lbs and 26 1/2 in long. Very healthy and hes already starting to walk and he repeats words after me. Hes very independent. Plays alot by himself. Puts toys away. I think I did everything correct for not only my baby but me.

m0m0f0ne
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Push opinions on others, act like their way is the only way, act like just because I only have one kid I don't work hard enough, and also say things like "ooooh its your first isn't it?" condescending. Its almost like 'oh she is worrying, how cute' makes me want to punch someone.
Benswifey10710
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:44 AM
This.

Quoting Mom2Just1: Lack of research. Forward facing too soon, solids too soon, etc.
1stpreggers
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Ff too early Bad food habits and people who yell at their children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)