Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What are the top things you dislike that Mothers around you do???

I have had so many disagreements on here. From food, to bedtimes, to the age for cows milk to be introduced, from when my child should sit in a bigger forward facing car seat. So im asking everybody what do you disagree with. What are the top things you dislike that Mothers around you do? My top one is I dislike Moms who think that other Moms dont know what there doing. Drives me crazy.

by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Replies (31-40):
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Children running wild, not supervised r disciplined.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babes2626
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Not researching, not getting educated on car seat safety, ff just because a child turns a year old, starting solids to early, putting cereal in a baby's bottle, parents who let a baby CIO! 

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

We all parent differently. A lot of people are quick to judge with or without knowing all the facts. I get irritated at the moms who think they know everything and tell you that you wrong especially regarding medical advice. Especially since they are not medical doctors. I am not stupid and I chose my pedi with great care and off recommendations of other mothers (my best friend is a nurse). I have been with my personal doctor for over 5 years. She was with me before and presently with my pre exisiting medical condition. I have been with my same OB for 3 years. He has been with me before I got pregnant.

But a lot of it, I do understand people ask by posting. I take everything on here with a grain of salt. Some things I happen to do the same naturally others I do differently or in my own way. There are things that I do agree 100% on like car seats and CIO, but I am not going to judge or make rude/nasty comments to other mothers who do that. That's their choice.

jamiebell
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:21 PM
My baby goes to bed at 8. All 4 of my kids bedtime is 8; and has been. It fits her schedule and our families schedule. I can't believe people gave you a hard time for that. To be honest im really glad I didn't know cafemom when I had my first baby. My best advice is to parent the way you want to parent. Do your own research on things and don't get bullied by internet people that you dont know.

Quoting JaydensMama418:

My Son likes to be cool too. In the winter I had to put him in light winter clothes or he would sweat. I started him on cereal at 4 months. Got crap for that. Get crap for doing his night time routine at 8. People say its too late. Get crap for giving him juice. Or having too close of naps. I dont make my Sons schedule. He makes it for me. If he falls asleep 3 hours after his last nap so be it. Drives me nuts that people think there babies should be just like mine.

buckeyefever
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM

i so hope you are joking but if this is true that is just sad.

Quoting kmorales7690: When people dont use a carseat, my sil literally only uses acar seat as long as her kids are in an infant carrier, and wanted to ff her three month old...

buckeyefever
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:01 AM

I would have to say having someone push their own parenting views on you. I find around here at least in my area if you don't breast feed you are the devil.

kmorales7690
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:14 AM
I wish it wasn't true...

Quoting buckeyefever:

i so hope you are joking but if this is true that is just sad.

Quoting kmorales7690: When people dont use a carseat, my sil literally only uses acar seat as long as her kids are in an infant carrier, and wanted to ff her three month old...

GertieMay
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:02 AM
I can't stand when other moms tell me I'm doing something wrong. And most of the time they are first time moms where I'm not soooo hush. And I can't stand when parents don't keep an eye on their children at parks. We had an incident the other day where a little girl who was maybe 3 pushed one of my 1 year old twins off the slide. He was at the top and she just pushed him right off. Luckily he was smart enough to hang on to the railing he was holding and I was able to reach him. I was so angry I walked over to her dad and told him he better keep a better eye on his kid. I'm not afraid to tell parents that don't watch their kids how it is. Especially if their kid puts mine in danger.
LuciBlue12
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate hate hate this mom competition that seems to have taken over. I mean, as mothers's we should be supporting and lifting each other up. That's why I joined this site. Fathers are wonderful, but they have a different outlook on parenting than mothers do. From single fathers on, it is easier for fathers to relate with one another and mothers to relate to one another...or it should be. The problem is, all you see on here is comparisons to other moms and putting each other down (I'm better because I breastfeed or have my kids on schedules so tight, the only down time they get is when it is bedtime...etc). Stuff like that drives me crazy. Since when did it become good parenting, in any capacity, to look at a differing parenting style and tear it to shreds? I'm sick of it.
LuciBlue12
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 10:51 AM
My 1 yr old is like that too. We call him Mr Nature, because he is a barefoot and naked baby. He has never slept in pjs, like the other three, because he gets hot easily. Ewww...he even gets sweaty feet like my husband. Lol. He started cereal at 3 months, while his twin sister didn't ever take or like cereal until they were old enough for quaker oatmeal. Him and his older brother are on a schedule that is completely independent of the rest of the house. Jonah is asleep as soon as dark hits, but Lucas snuggles with his dad while I'm doing random stuff around the house until 1030 when we lay him down whether or not he's asleep. If he's awake, he passes out as soon as his head hits the pillow. And none of the kids get up until 8am. Not a one of my kids is the same, so I know what you mean when you say you hate when people think all kids should be the same.

Quoting JaydensMama418:

My Son likes to be cool too. In the winter I had to put him in light winter clothes or he would sweat. I started him on cereal at 4 months. Got crap for that. Get crap for doing his night time routine at 8. People say its too late. Get crap for giving him juice. Or having too close of naps. I dont make my Sons schedule. He makes it for me. If he falls asleep 3 hours after his last nap so be it. Drives me nuts that people think there babies should be just like mine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN