Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Mom who went to the water park *a rant*

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:09 PM
  • 28 Replies

Yesterday Hubby & I took our 3 boys, our nephew, his wife and one of our son's friend to the water park yesterday. My hubby & I took our youngest son to the Keiki Cove (the part of the water park exclusively for LOs, Toddlers and Preschoolers.) (my older boys ar 15 & 19 yrs)

Why is it that some parents think it's ok to drop off thier toddler in this area only so they can go to the other side of the park and hang out at the bar?  Yes, there are life guards there but they are not babysitters. This happen to a lil girl at the waterpark yesterday. She couldn't have been any older than 12 months. When I came across her she was trying to climb up the water slide and when I asked where her mom was she wouldn't say. We looked for her mom as well as the lifeguard for a good 20 min. Just as the lifeguard was getting ready to call into the office to call in a supervisor mom shows up with a beer in hand. WTH?!

Mom to 3 boys, married for 18+ yrs ...... Live, Laugh & Lots n Lots of Aloha!!!
mommyhonu :0)
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids732
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:12 PM

that is TERRIBLE... I dont let any of my kids out of my site when they are with me... 10, 3 and 3 months... let alone to go drink alcohol...! ugh... that poor lil girl!

mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

It was! I got a lil irked off when the mom had the nerve to get mad at the lil girl. Goodness forbid she had to put down the beer. smh! There are even rules about it there clearly stating that if your LO is in that part of the park that you must also be there as well.

Quoting ilovemykids732:

that is TERRIBLE... I dont let any of my kids out of my site when they are with me... 10, 3 and 3 months... let alone to go drink alcohol...! ugh... that poor lil girl!

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:49 PM

That is Crazy!  I can't imagine leaving my child that small near the water I would have probably freaked out on that mom.

youngmomma863
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:56 PM
That is disgusting. I wouldn't let my 2 year old twins out of my sight for even a second, I would be right there with them.
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:34 AM

WTF. I cannot even fathom being such a pos parent. Ugh.

LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Wow!  And in the water too!  So dangerous!  (says the former lifeguard who has had to jump in and rescue kids because parents had their back turned or walked away).

Ninjascreenname
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:45 AM
What if the baby had drowned? There's a lifeguard yes, but they cannot watch every kid every second. That poor baby
jbyrd898
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:50 AM

wow. poor kid.

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:03 PM

I don't think that's ok either : / We were at an amusement park that had a toddler section and a little boy ran up to my husband and I scared because he thought he saw his mom leave and that he left there, nope, mom was outside at the roller coasters! I

Presley77
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Wow that's mind blowing. I would never let my 1 year old out of my sight!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)