Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

first tooth

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:10 PM
  • 7 Replies
DS just cut his first tooth.. im excited!! But im scared bc I BF. I dont want him to bite me.. it hurts as it is when he turns his head while still keeping me in his mouth smh.
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ilovemykids732
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:15 PM

:) How old is he?

mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Awe, I can understand that feeling. I went thru that with all 3 of my boys.

aztecqueen22
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Almost 7 mo

Quoting ilovemykids732:

:) How old is he?

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:02 PM
It is likely to happen at least once but if you know what to do you can stop it. If he ever does bite intentionally you simply unlatch him, set him down, wait a couple minutes, then try again; say something like "Are you ready to nurse gently? No biting mommy." Even if he seems to young to understand the words he'll figure out real quick that if you bite then you don't eat. This worked with my third son in 2 days and he was 8 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovemykids732
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 6:23 PM

This worked with my older two... one is ten now, the other 3...! :) good luck honey!!

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: It is likely to happen at least once but if you know what to do you can stop it. If he ever does bite intentionally you simply unlatch him, set him down, wait a couple minutes, then try again; say something like "Are you ready to nurse gently? No biting mommy." Even if he seems to young to understand the words he'll figure out real quick that if you bite then you don't eat. This worked with my third son in 2 days and he was 8 months.

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 10:55 PM
I loved when my babies went from gummy smiles to toothy smiles. When we mentioned to MIL that DS got his first teeth, her response was, "Oh, I guess it's time to wean." That was 2 months ago, but we haven't weaned yet. Thankfully DS doesn't bite often. It can be painful, but babies can learn nursing manners.
aztecqueen22
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 11:23 PM

i so wouldnt wean lol. hopefully DS doesnt bite and if so hopefully not often :)

Quoting mrsniebo: I loved when my babies went from gummy smiles to toothy smiles. When we mentioned to MIL that DS got his first teeth, her response was, "Oh, I guess it's time to wean." That was 2 months ago, but we haven't weaned yet. Thankfully DS doesn't bite often. It can be painful, but babies can learn nursing manners.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)