Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bringing baby in shower

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:39 PM
  • 20 Replies
I'm a single mom and I have a 9 month old, everytime I put him in his pack n play while I shower he cries the whole time, I need another option lol. I'm wondering what other moms in this situation do? I thought about getting a water sling or wrap but he might be too big for that now (he's almost 20 lbs) does anyone have any suggestions? :)
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youngmomma863
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 7:58 PM
When your in the shower put him at the other end ((im just assuming that you have a bath with a overhead shower) and put the plug in and it'll be just like a bath for him
BellaBlue92
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM
I could try that... I'll have to get a bath mat though, I bathe him in his infant tub right now.

Quoting youngmomma863: When your in the shower put him at the other end ((im just assuming that you have a bath with a overhead shower) and put the plug in and it'll be just like a bath for him
his88angel
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I bring ds bouncy seat in there. He loves the sounds and usually falls asleep while I'm there. If he starts to fuss I pop my head out and talk to him.
brittybby2010
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM

This. Dd would be in her swing while I showered =)

Quoting his88angel: I bring ds bouncy seat in there. He loves the sounds and usually falls asleep while I'm there. If he starts to fuss I pop my head out and talk to him.

CafeMom Tickers
BellaBlue92
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:04 PM
He's outgrown his swing, he hates being in it :/

Quoting brittybby2010:

Quoting his88angel: I bring ds bouncy seat in there. He loves the sounds and usually falls asleep while I'm there. If he starts to fuss I pop my head out and talk to him.

brittybby2010
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Whatever he sits in, try moving it into the bathroom. 

Quoting BellaBlue92: He's outgrown his swing, he hates being in it :/
Quoting brittybby2010:

CafeMom Tickers
BellaBlue92
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
He doesn't sit in anything lol

Quoting brittybby2010:

Quoting brittybby2010:

brittybby2010
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Hmm...maybe get a good bath mat and let him sit in there with you? Maybe sit with him in case he tries to move? A wet tub can be slippery.

Quoting BellaBlue92: He doesn't sit in anything lol
Quoting brittybby2010:

Quoting brittybby2010:

CafeMom Tickers
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Honestly it doesn't hurt him to cry while you take a quick shower.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sebbiemama
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually shower at night after the kids are asleep. I like having time to just take care of ME. If I really need a quick shower I'll also just bring him in with me. My little guy is also WAY to wiggly for a sling or chair so I just let him crawl around. He splashes in the water and has a blast and I get cleanish... but I don't wash my hair or use my normal soap while he's there because I don't want to accidentally get my soap in his eyes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)