Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Any advice would REALLY Help!!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:38 AM
  • 12 Replies

My baby girl is 2 months old, just recently (since last week) she has just not been herself. After feedings, I burp her and then maybe in 5 min after that she'll start crying/screaming out of know where. Some times, she'll be inconsolable..It frustrates me BIG time, I don't know what is wrong..Nothing is pinching/scratching her, has a clean diaper, shes fed..I just don't know why all of a sudden the cry's!! Im guessing it might be Colic, i give her some gas drops every once in awhile, but I don't want to give it to her all the time.. Anybody know any good Natural remedies for a infant with colic?? or what do you ladies think it might be??? I have never dealt with a colic baby before, any help is greatly appreciated!!  

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:28 AM

It sounds like gas if it's happening after eating. Is she on formula or beastmilk?

KikiB85
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Gripe water is my best friend. Mine was diagnosed with reflux. We use it less not that he's on meds but i still love it. I use it vs gas drops.
mom2thebestkid
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Could be reflux, does she arch her back? Is there a gulping sound when she is eating? I used gripe water with my girls and it did help but ultimately found out they had reflux and was prescribed Zantac and it did wonders.

Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Well there's two types of colic.
One is when they have gas, the other is when they just cry for no reason. So have drops wouldn't really help.

I would look into reflux.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I agree with everyone's suggestion on reflux.

AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Tummy calm or colic calm. They are all natural. We use gas drops after every bottle, and have been since she was maybe one month old, she is almost 11 months. It won't hurt her, and a lot better than being gassy.

Is she bottle or breast fed? If bottle fed, try dr brown bottles. Those worked great for the gas. If breast fed you might want to try and change your diet some.
amberNewman0213
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Gripe water worked with my colic DD it was a life saver.

Quoting KikiB85: Gripe water is my best friend. Mine was diagnosed with reflux. We use it less not that he's on meds but i still love it. I use it vs gas drops.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Gripe water is great for gas. If it's not gas maybe the PURPLE crying stage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Do you breastfeed? She may need to be burped halfway through a feed, no matter how she's fed. If you are breastfeeding, it could be overactive letdown/oversupply, which is often mistaken for reflux. What are her poopy diapers like?

Margarett RBC Zavodnyteal ribbon

redmummyof3
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 1:34 PM

a nice warm bath helps my 6 month old

lots of patience

and get a break if you can it wont last forever

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)