• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he WAS a great sleeper

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM
  • 10 Replies
My son started sleeping through the night at five months. Now, three months later it's as if I have a newborn. He cries every hour, sometimes every half an hour. Any thoughts as to why and any advice? He isn't hungry, I tried, he won't take the bottle.
Has this happened to anyone else?
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
228mommy922
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Is he inconsolable or does he go back to sleep easy? Have you changed routines or his he sleeping in another place?
Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:48 AM
Their sleep patterns change so much in the first year.
s_roachy
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:02 AM

My daughter slept pretty well from 5 months - 7 months, usually waking once for a bottle. Now she is 8 months and she is waking more often and very early in the morning. I have read that there is an 8 month sleep regression. They are learning so much right now, it can affect their sleep. She has learned some new skills this week, is working hard on trying to crawl, and I suspect she is teething, too. Hoping this is just a phase that won't last too long for both of us! :) 

Luke8212013
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Teething?
angela.bouchard
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Teething! My son did the same thing.

fatcat0908
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Have you considered he may actually be overtired? He is learning and doing more each and every day, that he may just be crashing too hard causing more frequent waking. This happened to all three of my littles around 8-10 months and I had to extend their afternoon naps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newbieann
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Quoting 228mommy922: Is he inconsolable or does he go back to sleep easy? Have you changed routines or his he sleeping in another place?

We never had a routine. It's his paci he wants I noticed. He used to find it and put it in his mouth. How do I break him of that habit?
228mommy922
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:37 AM
If he wants it I'm gonna guess he is teething. My little one slept 7-10 hours and took 2 two hour naps during the day at 3 months. But she started waking up and not napping as long around six.months which is when she started teething. As far as the paci goes I don't know. My lo have hers up at 8 months. Just didn't want it anymore.

Quoting newbieann: Quoting 228mommy922: Is he inconsolable or does he go back to sleep easy? Have you changed routines or his he sleeping in another place?

We never had a routine. It's his paci he wants I noticed. He used to find it and put it in his mouth. How do I break him of that habit?
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:19 PM
The only consistant thing about babies is inconsistency :-)
I'm sure it's just a phase that will pass. Teething and hitting new milestones both commonly cause sleep disturbances.
newbieann
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Yea. I read about sleep regression. How they are being over stimulated because they are learning to crawl and hitting milestones. Lasts three to six weeks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)