Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What type of meds have you had to give your baby so far?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM
  • 14 Replies

I was on another group recently and a mom stated that she has never given her baby any type of meds at all.  Not sure how old her baby was but I found it odd or at least lucky.

What type of meds have you had to give your baby so far?

For me he's had Orajel for teething and motrin drops for a fever not long ago.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HKing01
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:59 AM

My 8 year old is the only child I have ever had to fill a prescription for. My 1 month old hasn't taken any kind of meds yet.

Tckosdk.2012
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:02 AM

My 19 month old has only had Tylenol & Ibuprofen for fevers here & there. She has had a few little colds but nothing serious.

vilandra
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:24 PM
my 7 week old is on zantac for acid reflux and tylenol occasionally for teething as well as baby orajel
SewingMamaLele
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:34 PM
None. My boys didn't have their first round of anti biotics until they were 4 and 19mo. My daughter is 21 mo and hasn't had anything yet. We dont use fever reducers.
natural_s
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM

After coming home from the NICU he was later put on some medication for acid reflux and I just bought some baby Orajel and baby Advil because he has a tooth that is coming through and has been very cranky. He was also put on some iron drops medication after being released from the hospital. He is 9 months now.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Just gripe water and a couple doses of Tylenol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Same here. :-)

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

My 19 month old has only had Tylenol & Ibuprofen for fevers here & there. She has had a few little colds but nothing serious.

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:37 PM
None. Most things can be treated with breast milk.
nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Tylenol for teething a few times before we started using the amber bracelet for my youngest (1year old).
My oldest (2 years old) has had quite a few. She had staph when she was youngest which came with Tylenol and antibiotics. She had thrush once. Ear infection once.
WILDCATGAL78
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:03 PM

My 13 month old has used Infant's Tylenol, Motrin and Orajel (both Natural's and the baby kind). No prescription meds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)