Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crib springs question

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:21 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi there, I have a question about crib springs. My two year old son broke three of the springs off of the metal frame that holds the mattress in place by jumping in his crib. We switched him to a toddler bed when this happened, but I saved the crib for baby #2 (due in September) because other than this issue, it's in perfectly good condition. Would anyone happen to know if I can replace these springs, or if I would have to replace the entire metal frame in order for it to be safe? I am kind of paranoid when it comes to sleep safety, so I will replace the whole crib if I have to, but I'm pretty sure that's not necessary. This is a Graco Stanton crib by the way. Do you think I can contact Graco and ask them about replacement parts? 

Thank you so much!! 

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:24 PM

I have never heard of it, but I would definitely call and see if you could purchase a replacement (the whole piece) before purchasing a new crib. It doesn't hurt!

ILovemyPaulie
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:30 PM

Try to contact Graco. Sounds like that should not have happened in a crib! Maybe they'll send you replacement parts for free. Make a big deal about it! You could always put a piece of plywood cut to size under the mattress too, on top of the springs. I had one cut to place crib monitor pads on under the mattress. Are there enough springs to securely hold the plywood?

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Yes, it's worth a try, good luck!

angela.bouchard
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Yes, it's worth a try, good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)