Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

If you have pets, how did they react when your baby came home?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM
  • 29 Replies

We had three dogs when my son came home and the dogs all loved him from the start!

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sjenkins8208
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Same :) Daisy treated Gavin as her little puppy. She had to be as close as she could get at all times. She would lay right next to him during yummy time. Now that Gavin is older they are more "pals". She's always under his feet when he has food....smart girl lol. And they are just good buds. I'm sure she'll be the same with the new baby
JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Our cat likes him. She likes to lay on my lap when I'm holding him. lol At first, I think she thought he was just visiting. She has since learned she's stuck with him, and she has done so much better than I anticipated. I thought we would never see her.
KikiB85
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:51 PM
He didn't react as i had expected lol. Any time the baby cried he got up and went near him and whined. He was all over anyone who had the baby.

He got over it and was just overly excited/curious i think. He's accepted the baby and me are a package and will still come sit with me but gives me space. He however has moved some of my love to daddy lol now he sits on my df the minute he sits down and wants his loving if daddy gives the baby lovin.

He is always licking the baby's feet.
angelicmom1984
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:57 PM

I thought my cat would be ok, cause she had kittens 3 weeks ago..... nope! Every time my dd cries, she growls at her. I'm hoping to keep her just long enough for the kittens to be weaned, but it's looking like we might have to bottlefeed the kittens.  :(

MamaNickelatti
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Our lab was amazing! It was like he automatically knew he had to protect this tiny person! There was one night, when DS1 was just a few days old, DH got up to change his diaper and Max didn't hear until DS was crying, he jumped off the bed and flew to baby's room to see what was wrong! When DS moved to his own room Max slept outside his crib. They were true best friends and inseparable. Unfortunately Max passed this fall at 6 years old. DS was absolutely heartbroken. ,
228mommy922
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:18 PM
We have a rat terrier, who was beaten before we rescued him. He always would worry if Adalee was crying but now that she is mobile, he gets so nervous and just shakes. But he is never bad with her.
Jlm201169
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:22 PM
I have two dogs and ever since bringing my lo home they have been very protective over her they have to sleep right by her bassinet an if someone knocks on the door they are right there barking til I tell them it's ok and they never did before....I have a Doberman and a bassiet hound lab mix and they are so loving toward her they try to steal kisses everytime I'm not looking if they can't sleep next to her bassinet they look at me and wimper... I'm actually in the process of getting my Doberman registered as her services dog because whenever she starts to go into seizure she's right there sniffing at her and then nudgin me to check on her...
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM

My dogs all adored the twins. The cat was a little skeptical but he's warmed up to them now. My golden retriever won't leave their side. She even sleeps between their cribs.

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:55 PM

my dog is older-she was 10 when we brought the baby home last year.  Right from the start she has just ignored her.  It will be a year in 2 weeks that we brought dd home and my dog still just ignores her.  DD gets really excited when she sees her, but my dog just goes and lays down or goes under the table.

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:05 AM
My Great Dane likes the baby and is curious of him . I don't let our dog get to close just a sniff maybe. She used to sleep in our room on her bed but now she's really taken up with my older child. She follows him around and sleeps in his room. I think the baby crying at night disturbed her lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)