Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do??

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM
  • 6 Replies
My husband and I just celebrated two years together. For the first year things were wonderful with us. He accepted my daughter from my previous marriage as his own and she was overjoyed to have a daddy. (Hers dumped me while I was pregnant. She does not know him.) We were finally a family. Then just before our first anniversary after trying for a few months I got pregnant with our son. We were so excited! I was thrilled to have a partner through my pregnancy this time. He was so attentive & sweet! Our son was born in October and he was so wonderful with him in the hospital and our first week home. Then things changed. He now never wants to spend time with Caleb or Calia. He is on afternoons so only sees them in the morning and he never wants to pay attention to them. He puts Caleb in his bouncer in the next room and stares at the phone or plays on the computer totally ignoring his cries if he needs something. So I end up taking care of him when I wish he could be having some bonding time with his Dad. It hurts me so much that Caleb has a dad from the start and they still don't have a relationship. I don't even want to shower in the morning anymore because I know my baby will have to sit in the bouncer and scream the whole time because he wants his Dad to pay attention to him or he needs changed or is hungry. I am getting so frustrated. Calia keeps asking why daddy does not like her any more and I don't know what to do. I have repeatedly told him that all of this is bothering me and ge refuses to change. I do not want another failed marriage, what should I do? I also hate that he is constantly calling our son a little asshole or peckerhead. I am soo tired of it. I sometimes think being a single mom would be better for them.... Please help! Any advice is appreciated!!!
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mrsjohnson2014
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:58 PM

I don't have any advice for you but I hope it gets better for you and the kids hugs

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
youngmomma863
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:18 PM
My childrens father was sort of the same except he never bothered with the children.
Has something recently happened that mifht be stressing him out or worrying him?
I would tell him that he either needs to change, talk to you about what's made him like this or leave
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:37 PM
That's not okay. I would seriously consider kicking him to the curb if he doesn't change. Let him know he needs to act like a dad or not be one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Is he willing to get some help? Like councilling?
proudmama1120
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:11 PM
He is in counseling and on meds
Tckosdk.2012
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:34 PM

I can't wrap my head around him calling the baby a little asshole.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)