Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quit the paci cold turkey?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:28 PM
  • 22 Replies
How did you get your baby to quit using a paci? My son is eight months, so he looks for it.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I have found that is is easier on us when we cold turkey such things, but that may not be best for everyone:)

Mom2Just1
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:00 PM

First child rarely took one and gave it up at 10 months. Second child never took one.  I would just take it away.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

KikiB85
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:30 PM
My older kids only used the floor a few months and kicked them on their own. I know my friend just made them taste bad and her dd stopped. I don't remeber what she put on them tho. But it got her dd to throw them out.
Jlm201169
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM
My ds used it til 12 and Hal months because he had separation issues but he got thrush and I told him his bobo is what he called it gave him ow wies and he went and threw it away never took it again
PeggyS87
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:22 PM
We just took it and it never came back. My kids were 1. The first couple of nights were hard but then it was just fine. Just make sure you get them all.
newbieann
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:35 AM

I just tried, but he was inconsolable. And I'm a tough mom. I did the cry it out method and stuck throughit.but this cry I couldn't stand. He only uses it to sleep. Idk. Maybe wait till he is older and tell hi he can't have it ? I just couldn't bare that cry :(

angela.bouchard
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:02 AM

I just stopped offering it. My son was 4 months. I really hate pacifiers so I didn't plan on giving one to my daughter. She was in the NICU though so that couldn't really be avoided. I only offer them to her during car rides. 

expectantmom81
by Erin on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM
We did cold turkey with both boys and it worked for us but every kid is different
expectantmom81
by Erin on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:09 AM
But also we did both by 2 years old and my youngest kinda did it on his own. The longer you wait the more difficult it is.
mewebb82
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:24 AM

I didn't go cold turkey. I only allowed it at naptime and bedtime for a month and then took it away at naptime and within a week my older 2 gave it up for bedtime on their own. I have my youngest down to just naptime and bedtime now and we are about to stop naptime paci. I'm hoping he will be as easy as my older 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)