Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Rough nights.

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:43 PM
  • 41 Replies

My daughter used to eat, take a bath and go right to sleep so nicely. She's 6 months old and up until 2 weeks ago I can't remember a single night where she didn't go to bed perfectly. All of a sudden a week and a half ago, she's become difficult in the bath and it takes about an hour to put her down. I have no idea what's changed.We have the same routine every night and is usually asleep by 8:30-9pm. She used to sleep from then until 4-6:30 and then go back to sleep. At the same time she also started waking up 1-2 a night before waking up around 6:30. Any idea what be happening or something I could try and do to get her to sleep easier? I don't mind her waking up through the night because then she always goes right back to sleep, I would just like her to not cry (she NEVER cried) and go down easier.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
She's probably just going through a stage, a growth spurt, teething. It could be many different things at her age. My boys are almost 18 months and have gone through many different sleep patterns. There is just so much going on for a child in the first 2-3 years of life.
If I was you I would just go with the flow (so to speak) and offer comfort in the night when she wakes up.
dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:50 PM
Is there a reason you don't want her to cry? Outside of the obvious one that you feel bad for her
KristinD1988
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:55 PM

No, that's really the only reason because I know something is bothering her and I feel bad. I'm not kidding when I say she never, ever cries. The only time she's ever really cried was when the doctor gave her shots. So when she cries like she has randomly started at night, it breaks my heart. She's such a happy little girl.

Quoting dreamarrow: Is there a reason you don't want her to cry? Outside of the obvious one that you feel bad for her

dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:58 PM
I know how hard it is listening to your baby's cries. Have you noticed any signs of teething? Is she sick, maybe an ear infection?

Quoting KristinD1988:

No, that's really the only reason because I know something is bothering her and I feel bad. I'm not kidding when I say she never, ever cries. The only time she's ever really cried was when the doctor gave her shots. So when she cries like she has randomly started at night, it breaks my heart. She's such a happy little girl.

Quoting dreamarrow: Is there a reason you don't want her to cry? Outside of the obvious one that you feel bad for her

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:59 PM

It is probably a stage or growth spurt. All my kids hit growth spurts around 6 months, teething,etc.  I envy the fact she slept so nicely for you up to this point. (: None of my kids slept through the night that early.  They have all nursed a lot through the night.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

KristinD1988
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

No fever at all and we had a weel baby visit almost 2 weeks ago around the time this all started and everything was fine. It doesn't look like any teeth are coming in, I don't see any white but the pedi said her bottom right side of the gums looked a little swollen so she could be teething.

Quoting dreamarrow: I know how hard it is listening to your baby's cries. Have you noticed any signs of teething? Is she sick, maybe an ear infection?
Quoting KristinD1988:

KristinD1988
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:01 PM

I know every growth spurt is different but every other one before this it never affected her at night. She started sleeping through the night around 2 months up until two weeks ago. She would wake up to nurse around 4:30 then go back to sleep, then it became 6ish, but after the first month it was around 1 and then around 4. I definitely lucked out haha.

Quoting Mom2Just1:

It is probably a stage or growth spurt. All my kids hit growth spurts around 6 months, teething,etc.  I envy the fact she slept so nicely for you up to this point. (: None of my kids slept through the night that early.  They have all nursed a lot through the night.

dreamarrow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Lol mine didn't either. They still get up at least once a night at 18 months

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Yes...you did!  (:  COuld be meeting new milestones, seperation anxiety,etc.  Just follow her lead and pretty soon she will go back to sleeping.  Do you nurse her when she wakes?  If not...I would. It helps my kids go back to sleep.  I wouldn't let CIO though. 

Quoting KristinD1988:

I know every growth spurt is different but every other one before this it never affected her at night. She started sleeping through the night around 2 months up until two weeks ago. She would wake up to nurse around 4:30 then go back to sleep, then it became 6ish, but after the first month it was around 1 and then around 4. I definitely lucked out haha.

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:06 PM

My 16 month still wakes once a night if not more to nurse.  I can't wait until he sleeps through the night. I am just waiting on him...I am also 13 weeks pregnant so soon would be nice. I would like some sleep before new baby arrives. lol

Quoting dreamarrow: Lol mine didn't either. They still get up at least once a night at 18 months
Quoting Mom2Just1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)