Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Major help! (in other groups)

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

ok so DH, DS, and I live in a small apartment fourplex complex. about a month ago the ceiling in DS' room started leaking and while we let management know a week later even though we tried mold and mildew was growing everywhere. We fought it and finally after 2-3 weeks they came fixed the roof. We have been fighting mold and mildew ever since but nothing as extreme. Yesterday a new leak started in the hallway and i get home from work today and theres mold spores all over all of DS' furniture in his room. I am freaking out but I seem to be the only person who is worried. Theres mold and mildew popping up everywhere and im scared for the health of all of us and especially my son. Managment isnt willing to move us to one of the many empty plex's or really compensating us at all. This is our first time in an apartment and I want to know if theres anything I can do. I dont feel like management can just shove us under the rug and fix in in their own time making us live and fight with mold. anyone know or have ideas? Im at the end of my rope here

by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Contact your local housing authority and report them. Mold is a health concern, they should have sent someone out to fix the leak the day you informed them about it.
shortyali
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:32 PM

When DH and I had an apartment we got bugs cause the guy above us was a pig. I quit paying rent until they came and sprayed. After the second time of them spraying I threatened the health department and they finally evicted the guy. Bugs stopped after that. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
vamaria
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:12 PM

This. Legally, they have to provide you someplace else to live until the issue is fixed.

Quoting cabrandy03: Contact your local housing authority and report them. Mold is a health concern, they should have sent someone out to fix the leak the day you informed them about it.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Quoting cabrandy03: Contact your local housing authority and report them. Mold is a health concern, they should have sent someone out to fix the leak the day you informed them about it.

This

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)