Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

car seat

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM
  • 43 Replies
What convertible car seat do you use? Pros/con's?
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I use a myride 65. It is bulky but I love the rf until 40lbs.  My 16 month is still on the first slot because he is short  And he only weighs 19lbs.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I recently purchased a Graco Size4Me for my youngest, and I've never been so in love with a car seat. It was the easiest install and adjustment ever. And it'll handle a much taller kid than our older Graco seats, so I'm happy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My 2nd to the youngest is in a Safety 1st Alpha omega Elite, I highly suggest DON'T use it. It is a bitch to put in the car correctly rear facing and his head flops  forward when he sleeps. Plus I have heard it makes a terrible booster.

BrandiLPalacios
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:36 AM
I love my graco mysize 70.
smorgan865
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:40 AM
We have these too. DH likes them, I don't. We had to buy a different HBB for my oldest because he outgrew the seat (height).

When DS2 is big enough for a convertible I'm not sure which one we are getting yet. DH wants to reuse, but I feel like a kid deserves a new seat.

Quoting waytomanykids10:

My 2nd to the youngest is in a Safety 1st Alpha omega Elite, I highly suggest DON'T use it. It is a bitch to put in the car correctly rear facing and his head flops  forward when he sleeps. Plus I have heard it makes a terrible booster.

BEKKMom
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:49 AM
I have the safety 1st Cinderella car seat & stroller...not that thrilled with it.

POINT TO NOTE: NEVER put anything bulky (like snow suits, buntings, jackets) inside the straps with your baby/toddler!!! It can cause the straps to be too loose, and the child can be injured in an accident!
waytomanykids10
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:55 AM

My husband bought it and he likes it also, I don't. I want to get him a new seat but don't know which one yet. My youngest is still  in an infant seat, he is 13 months old, and weighs 17lb's and he still has a good inch to go before he out grows it. I don't know which one we are going to get for him once he outgrows the infant seat. He has cerebral palsy and is still pretty floppy so I need something that can rear face for a very long time in weight and height, and doesn't have to much of an angle, he doesn't have very good muscle control.

Quoting smorgan865: We have these too. DH likes them, I don't. We had to buy a different HBB for my oldest because he outgrew the seat (height). When DS2 is big enough for a convertible I'm not sure which one we are getting yet. DH wants to reuse, but I feel like a kid deserves a new seat.
Quoting waytomanykids10:

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:52 AM

My 3.5 year old is in the Britax Advocate CS and my 14 month old is in the Britax Pavillion G3.

I don't have any cons. They're easy to install, tether rear facing, and are very easy to adjust.

mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Cosco scenara. Cheap and so I can rf til 2 years old and at 2 I can forward face her.
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM
My sister has the Evenflo 80 something or another.
Pro he can rf til 40lbs.
Con it's a PITA to move from one car to the next.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)