Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Can i breastfeed 6 months postpartum?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:06 AM
  • 12 Replies

I breastfeed my son for the first couple weeks after he was born but couldn't keep up so I stopped. . My son has had troubled tolerating formula he is now 6 months and I want to try pumping and bottle feeding since he won't take my breast directly.. I have very little milk coming out how do I get it back up to where is enough to feed my son.

by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wolfybaby
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:17 AM
3 moms liked this
Pump, pump, pump!! supply and demand. what you take out, your body will make again. stay hydrated, eat healthy, and consider mother's milk tea and fenugreek supplements. it is wonderful that you are going to try to give your baby the best you can. :)
SammyODiaz
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this
It will take a lot of effort but it is possible. Ask your doctor for the correct advice to follow. I've been breast feeding for almost a year and love it.
Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Join the breastfeeding group. You know he is getting enough by diaper count.
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM

I have heard of being able to start up your supply again several months pp. Join the Breastfeeding group, I'm sure you'll find tons of information on it there. Good luck!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I've heard it's possible : ) 

Dragon.Momma86
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:40 AM
It's rough but possible 😃 for starters start PUMPING A LOT! Every half hour if you must. It'll just be a ill bit at first but it'll build up. If baby would nurse that would be even better because then you nurse on demand. Baby moves out him to the breast. Good luck!
Kkimbernal
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

where can I buy the mothers tea or the fenugreek supplements

TLIF1281
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this
To boost your supply. Yes mother's milk tea (walmart, whole foods, any grocery store, fennagreek any place that sells suppliments, when your pee smells like maple syrup your taking enough) it is amazing how much one sweetpotato can boost your milk. Pump like crazy! Skin to skin contact. Maybe see if baby will even so much as suckle. Water lots and lots of water. Leafy greens and definitely join the breastfeeding group. There are also some on facebook and check out kellymom.com as well! I am 5 months pp and could not have continued bfing if it hadn't been for all these resources! Also look into donor milk. I pump for another baby as well as ebf my dd.

Quoting Kkimbernal:

Kkimbernal
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Thanks for the help I'm definitely going to start back again

Quoting TLIF1281: To boost your supply. Yes mother's milk tea (walmart, whole foods, any grocery store, fennagreek any place that sells suppliments, when your pee smells like maple syrup your taking enough) it is amazing how much one sweetpotato can boost your milk. Pump like crazy! Skin to skin contact. Maybe see if baby will even so much as suckle. Water lots and lots of water. Leafy greens and definitely join the breastfeeding group. There are also some on facebook and check out kellymom.com as well! I am 5 months pp and could not have continued bfing if it hadn't been for all these resources! Also look into donor milk. I pump for another baby as well as ebf my dd.
Quoting Kkimbernal:

TurtleMami
by Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 4:26 AM
You can breastfeed workout ever being pregnant, sonyes it is very possible. Let him 'nurse' to stimulate milk production. When you start producing milk start decresing formula.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)