Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

How do i deal with Baby Thrush?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:29 AM
  • 13 Replies

Hello,

My liitle angel is six months old tomorrow. Thrush however is making feeding hard as  it has greatly cracked my nipples and also brought painless wounds in her mouth.

Any home remedies to thrush?

by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JackAttacks
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Gentian violet drops swab it on your nipples and let her nurse it off or swab it in her mouth if not nursing. Vinegar also works.

edit: the violet stains anything it comes in contact with so use with care.

Loverofchrist
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks Jackie.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Quoting JackAttacks: Gentian violet drops swab it on your nipples and let net nurse it off put swab it in j her mouth if not nursing. Vinegar also works.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

JackAttacks
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

youre gonna have to change your SN to Mom2Just2 soon :)

or mom2just3, huh?

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Quoting JackAttacks: Gentian violet drops swab it on your nipples and let net nurse it off put swab it in j her mouth if not nursing. Vinegar also works.

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:47 AM
It's 3. I would love to change but I have to delete my account. And I mod for
Several groups.

Quoting JackAttacks:

or mom2just3, huh?

Quoting Mom2Just1:

JackAttacks
by Member on Apr. 9, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

yea i wish they would offer that as an option...

Quoting Mom2Just1: It's 3. I would love to change but I have to delete my account. And I mod for Several groups.
Quoting JackAttacks:

or mom2just3, huh?

Quoting Mom2Just1:

redmummyof3
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

blue violet drops

they are about 12 bucks a the drug store it will help your babe till you can get to the doc

but be forwarned this stuff will stain the inside of babys mouth (it's supposed too) so put an old sleeper on the baby and lay down some old crappy towels you may have kicking around the linen closet

AbbeysMom2013
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Thrush is a pain! My daughter has had issues with thrush from one month to nine months. She was getting it every 2-4 weeks. Thankfully we have been free for about two months.

She did get a prescription in the beginning, it really didn't help. We used the gentian violet It's OTC and was about $4 at Walgreens (not every pharmacy carries it). My dr told me I could use for seven days (sometimes we did, if it came right back) but generally I would use for three days. It's messy, I would use a qtip to apply and I put vasoline on her lips/mouth to help with staining. It eventually comes out of clothes and the counter lol. So put baby in an outfit your not to concerned about. I also found it best to do before I put her to bed, that way it wasn't everywhere. Also put on your nipples if breastfeeding.

Boil daily any nipples/pacifiers (for 5 min) that baby uses. Wipes down any toys or items she has put her mouth on during the day with a sanitizing wipe. We still boil and wipe daily, just became part of the routine.
motherof5-7
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:24 AM

I had exactly what you do ..
I determined one day to eat 1 qt. of plain yogurt... it worked!

m.garcia21
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd had that and they gave us both something for it but i dont remember what it was
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)