Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Breast feeding question!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:45 AM
  • 15 Replies
So I've been breastfeeding exclusively for 5 months now and it's never been an issue except recently I'm always going back and forth from being super engorged to not. They don't hurt, just are super full. But why when I haven't really changed anything I don't think..
by on Apr. 10, 2014 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Are you pumping or taking anything to increase supply?  Oatmeal can increase supply.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

JadeTigr7
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Could be something you ate, or baby took a little longer than normal to decide to eat, or could be the tail end of a growth spurt.

There's any number of reasons. 

mybumblebe
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I pump when we are going on longer day outings but I pump once in a blue moon now. I don't take anything I don't have an issue with supply if anything too much milk it gets everywhere and baby always has to let go lol but I evened out and hadn't been engorged in so long and now out of nowhere it's back to being so full again 

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Are you pumping or taking anything to increase supply?  Oatmeal can increase supply.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Look up galactagogues on kellymom.com and see if you have inadvertently eaten something that is. Sometimes teething will affect their nursing patterns, also.
Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:38 AM

i went through periods of engorgement.  Could be anything.  

Quoting mybumblebe:

I pump when we are going on longer day outings but I pump once in a blue moon now. I don't take anything I don't have an issue with supply if anything too much milk it gets everywhere and baby always has to let go lol but I evened out and hadn't been engorged in so long and now out of nowhere it's back to being so full again 

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:12 AM
It's very normal!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mybumblebe
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:30 AM

I just did because I had no clue what you were talking about but I don't have any issue with milk supply.  Thanks though!

Quoting MusherMaggie: Look up galactagogues on kellymom.com and see if you have inadvertently eaten something that is. Sometimes teething will affect their nursing patterns, also.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:38 AM

It's normal : ) 

austinsmama1106
by Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Prefectly normal. I will have days like that and my daughter is 14 months old
mommyofblueyes
by Ape on Apr. 10, 2014 at 12:52 PM

It's normal.  I would pump a little, just for relief (not to empty), or hand express some for relief.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN