Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Reflux

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:08 PM
  • 11 Replies

My 12 week old daughter has reflux and her pediatrician gave her Zantac.  It worked for a little while and now has seemed to stop because she's back to spitting up more than normal and vomiting.  Has anybody else had this type of issue?  I plan on taking her back to the doctor ASAP to try something else.  Hate to have so many meds pumped into her so young but she is looking pretty skinny.

by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrsjohnson2014
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Is she breast fed or bottle fed my daughter is almost four months and the doctor told me to switch to similac sensitive but if she is breast fed it might be what your eating but my daughter still has some reflux but its not nearly as bad hope that helped and I also started giving her a little rice cereal and that helps too
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:38 PM
My daughter had to have AR formula. She had terrible reflux and swallowing difficulties. She Will Be 2 June 6. She is only 20lbs. Even now she had a sensitive tummy.
expectantmom81
by Erin on Apr. 15, 2014 at 10:46 PM
My oldest had it real bad and he ended up on prevacid and a prescription formula.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 16, 2014 at 4:39 PM

Formula or breast?

s_roachy
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Does she seem uncomfortable when she spits up? Is she actually vomitting, or just spitting up more? My daughter still spit up a lot even while on Zantac. I knew it was helping her because she was not uncomfortable and crying after eating, though. Some babies just spit up a lot, and reflux does peak around 3 months, I believe. I would do things like burping her half way through feedings, keeping her upright for a while after feeding. But if you are concerned about weight loss, I agree with you to check with your doctor.

s_roachy
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Oh and we did have to adjust her Zantac dose as she got older/bigger, as instructed by her doctor, of course.

linz04060913
by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 6:26 PM

Hazelwood necklace. It works.

Also, chiropractic care works wonders as well

KikiB85
by Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:27 AM
We are on zantac. Hunter seems to be doing ok. He's been spitting up alot again. He's cutting teeth tho so I've been trying to determine if the meds suck or he's just having a lil thing. He goes for his check up next week so I'm going to ask.
ABCMomma0211
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:45 AM

OP, Zantic, is a weight based medicine.....

So you need to call and ask if you can come in for a weight check/med check. 

And nothing will help stop the spit up....the meds help with the pain.

ABCMomma0211
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:46 AM

zantac is a weight based med. 

Quoting KikiB85: We are on zantac. Hunter seems to be doing ok. He's been spitting up alot again. He's cutting teeth tho so I've been trying to determine if the meds suck or he's just having a lil thing. He goes for his check up next week so I'm going to ask.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN